Omada Software Controller_V5.8.4_Linux (Released on Jan 30, 2023)
This Article Applies to Omada_Software Controller_v5.8.4_Linux
1. Added the Global View and decoupled it from the Site View. In the Global View, you can overview the controller, manage sites and all devices, view logs and make settings at the controller level, while in the Site View you can monitor and configure the sites.
2. Added support for the map function, you need to enter the Mapbox API Access Token with the default public token scopes to use the function. Divided into Site Map and Device Map, you can set the latitude and longitude for each site and each device.
3. Upgraded the account system. In addition to the existing three roles of Master Administrator, Administrator, and Viewer, now you can create new account roles, customize the permissions for the roles to access different features, and bind the roles to new accounts. Note: Please upgrade Omada APP to version 4.6, otherwise you may not be able to log in with new accounts.
4. Added a Dark scheme, you can choose to enable by Global Settings > Controller Settings > User Interface > Dark Settings.
5. Added support to copy configuration for Omada EAP and Switch. You can select another device at the same site to copy its configuration, which can facilitate you to batch configure or replace devices.
6. Optimized Quick Setup and eliminated the Default site, now you can choose "Config New Setup" or "Restore from backup file" at this stage and create sites later.
7. Added support to hide the portal's redirection countdown by unchecking the "Show Redirection Countdown After Authorized" option in Portal Customization settings.
8. Optimized the algorithms for Automatic Power Optimization.
9. Improved the Device page loading speed.
10. Added support for the following features to Omada Gateway, which requires firmware updates to be released later. Some Omada Gateway models may not support all features, details will be listed in the release notes of new firmware.
- Bridge VLAN: you can bind multiple VLANs with one LAN interface.
- Quality of Service (Site Settings > Transmission )
- LDAP Authentication for PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN
- Wireguard VPN
- SHA-384 and SHA-512 for IPsec, and IPsec Failover
- Full mode for OpenVPN
- DNS Proxy (Site Settings > Services ), with DNSSEC, DoH, and DoT supported.
- DDNS Customization
- New DHCP Options:
✔ Option 2: Time Offset
✔ Option 42: NTP Server Network Boot
✔ Option 67: TFTP Server
✔ Option 252: WPAD URL
✔ DHCP Options Customization
- PVID Config
- MRU Config for PPPoE
- Keywords mode for Gateway URL Filtering
- Bonjour Service, Service, and Client Network options for Gateway mDNS
- VoIP Protocol and multiple WAN supported for Policy Routing
- Import DHCP Reservation Entry and Export to IP-MAC Binding Entry
1. Corrected some translation errors.
1) This version of the controller is applied to the Omada APP of version 4.6 or above.
2) Omada SDN Controller can only manage certain devices running the supported firmware. Please confirm that your device is compatible with the SDN Controller.
3) If you are upgrading from controller v3.x, it's highly recommended to upgrade 3.x to v4.1.5 first, then v4.1.5 to the latest 5.x. Please follow the Omada Controller Upgrade Guide in the installation package before upgrading.
4) Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will be NOT able to downgrade to version 3.2.17 or below.
Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.8.4_Linux_x64.tar.gz Full Release Note >
Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.8.4_Linux_x64.deb Full Release Note >
Download From TP-Link Global "EN" Website:
Software Controller v5:
> Notes <
(1) The official firmware is normally released to the Cloud ahead of the official website or the forum as it doesn't require further manual editing. Generally speaking, the official firmware will be pushed to the Cloud first, then the TP-Link global "EN" website, this global "EN" forum, and later the TP-Link local websites. In rare occasions, the new release will be published to the global "EN" website ahead of the Cloud, which will be annouced in the global "EN" forum, like this one.
(2) The firmware upgrades for the wired products including Omada Controller, Router and Switch are universal, so you can download the firmware files from the global "EN" website or this forum to enjoy the new release. For wireless products such as Omada EAP, due to the limitation of local wireless laws and regulations, the firmware may be divided into different versions such as EU/US/CA/... , it's suggested to upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website accordingly.
(3) At present, only the new firmware release for the Omada Controller and Router will be continuously updated in this global "EN" forum. To get notified with the new release of Omada Controller, welcome to subscribe to topic 245226. To get notified with the new release of Omada Routers, welcome to subscribe to Topic 255644. For other product lines, please check for updates via the Cloud or from the TP-Link official websites.
Any further feedback on the new firmware, please feel free to start a new thread from HERE.
To get better assistance, you may check Tips For Efficiently Reporting an Issue In The Community.
When reporting an issue, especially it's about firmware upgrade, it's suggested to include the following info:
-- Omada Controller version (previous and current)
-- Device Model(s) and Hardware
-- Device Firmware (previous and current)
Note: if you decide to downgrade the firmware before contacting the TP-Link support team, we suggest you save a copy of the current Log file* and Backup Config file** before you do that, which might be helpful to address the issue you suffered from the new firmware.
- With Omada Controller v5.6 or later version,
you can export desensitized Running Logs and Config file under Settings > Maintenance > Export for Support.
- With Omada Controller v5.5 or previous version,
*the Log file of Controller can be exported under Settings -> Services -> Export Data -> Running Log.
** The Backup Config file of Controller can be exported under Settings -> Maintenance via local access.
Thank you in advance for your great cooperation and support. See you in the forums soon!