Solution to ER8411 NAT - Virtual Server or UPnP Not Working Issues [Case Closed]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Solution to ER8411 NAT - Virtual Server or UPnP Not Working Issues [Case Closed]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-26 06:59:55 - last edited 2023-08-29 01:42:47

Update

The following official firmware has fixed the NAT or UPnP issue mentioned in this thread.

ER8411 V1_1.1.0 Official Firmware (Released on July 11th, 2023)

As the official firmware has been released to fix the issue, this thread will be locked to stop updating.

Any further issues or concerns, please feel free to Start a New Thread from HERE.

To get better assistance, you may check Tips For Efficiently Reporting an Issue In The Community.

This Article Applies to

ER8411 v1 1.0.3 and earlier firmware

Issue Description/Phenomenon

Recently we received feedback about ER8411 NAT - Virtual Server or UPnP not working issue, the issue may manifest as follows:

Topology & Setup

Internet --- ER8411 Router --- Xbox or PS5, Server (ex. 3CX VoIP server)

Issues

• With UPnP enabled on ER8411, the NAT Type on the Xbox (or Playstation 5) is still detected as Strict NAT (or Type 3), which results in the failure of online multiplayer games.
  • With a range of ports forwarding configured on the ER8411 for the connected server, the internal and external ports mappings do not match as expected, which results in the failure of getting the right access to the server.

Related Post

ER8411- NAT - Virtual server - large range of ports translation not working - both SDN/SA modes

Available Solutions

Here is the current available solution to resolve the issue described in this thread.

Beta Firmware Download

ER8411(UN)_V1_1.0.3 Build 20230411 (Beta)

Beta Release Note:

1) Fixed the NAT related issue based on the official firmware 1.0.3 Build 20230313.

2) Please be sure you have read the Beta Test Agreement before proceeding!

Update

The following official firmware has fixed the NAT or UPnP issue mentioned in this thread.

As the official firmware has been released to fix the issue, this thread will be locked to stop updating.

Any further issues or concerns, please feel free to Start a New Thread from HERE.

To get better assistance, you may check Tips For Efficiently Reporting an Issue In The Community.

Recommended Threads

Current Available Solutions to Omada Router Related Issues [Actively Updated, Post for Subscription]

Get the Latest Firmware Releases for Omada Routers Here - Subscribe for Updates

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Solution to ER8411 NAT - Virtual Server or UPnP Not Working Issues [Case Closed]-Solution
2023-08-29 01:42:38 - last edited 2023-08-29 01:42:42

Update

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:Solution to ER8411 NAT - Virtual Server or UPnP Not Working Issues
2023-04-26 09:10:58 - last edited 2023-04-26 17:33:16

@Fae 

nice that online game issue and port forward is fixed , but are there any plans to fix all the VPN issues on these devices?

I have reported this in November 2022 but nothing has happened yet. is there a time schedule for this?

Options
2023-04-27 03:43:12

Hello @shberge 

shberge wrote

@Fae 

nice that online game issue and port forward is fixed , but are there any plans to fix all the VPN issues on these devices?

I have reported this in November 2022 but nothing has happened yet. is there a time schedule for this?

As I know, the 1.0.3 firmware has already fixed all the VPN issues located by the developer team.

If you still have issues with the VPN and it has affected the actual usage, I'd still encourage you to try further troubleshooting with our engineers, please feel free to let me know if I can be of any further assistance here.

Options
2023-04-27 04:25:20

@Fae 

OK Thanks, Please forward this message to the engineers who work with this routers.

The VPN problem is not fixed, I have mentioned this so many times on the forum, I have also had email support with tp-link support, now it has been 6 months and the tp-link engineers have not yet been notified of the problem, very scary.

Here is someone who has the same problem as me, luckily I was able to help the person with the problem.

PLS read, this is what we have problem with. OpenVPN and SSL VPN with IPsec VPN

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/606954?replyId=1201550

Options
2023-04-27 06:15:27

Hello @shberge 

Thank you for pointing me to the post. I've forwarded your message and the problem to the engineers for follow-up. Hope they locate the issue and find a solution soon.

Options
2023-05-18 16:33:10

Hello i have still problem with NAT on my router and xbox. Of course i have new firmware version (1.0.3) and new omada version (docker 5.9.31). I try using UPnP, DMZ and manually port forward and NAT is still closed on xbox. I dont have idea for this.. My ISP is Netia fiber PPPoE. On my old asus router xbox works without any issues. This is strange problem for me.. my home server works ok on port 443 and qbittorrent also have open port (manually port forward). Please give me some suggestions beacuse i have no idea how to resolved this issue. Thank You!

Options
2023-05-19 06:19:05 - last edited 2023-05-19 06:19:16

Hello @Dectro,

Dectro wrote

Hello i have still problem with NAT on my router and xbox. Of course i have new firmware version (1.0.3) and new omada version (docker 5.9.31). I try using UPnP, DMZ and manually port forward and NAT is still closed on xbox. I dont have idea for this.. My ISP is Netia fiber PPPoE. On my old asus router xbox works without any issues. This is strange problem for me.. my home server works ok on port 443 and qbittorrent also have open port (manually port forward). Please give me some suggestions beacuse i have no idea how to resolved this issue. Thank You!

Please allow me to confirm the detailed firmware version you are using.

Are you using the ER8411(UN)_V1_1.0.3 Build 20230411 (Beta) firmware provided in this thread?

Options
2023-05-19 07:42:42 - last edited 2023-05-19 08:48:46

@Fae 

Ohh i made mistake.. Of course i have version 1.0.3 but older build from main site (Build 20230313). I will update again and give feedback. Thank You very much!

Edit:

Now it's working. Thank You again and sorry for that wink

Options
2023-06-05 02:27:33

VPN really doesn't work right with er-8411, cant use openvpn client over 2.5.8. nat doesn't really work. ssl-vpn is screwy.  TP-Link should be ashamed of themselves for designating the 8411 as a business product. it needs a lot of work. I bought a sonicwall tz270 and it just works out of the box after configuration. no bs. So to eBay with the 8411 and I'll have serious reservations about purchasing any tp-link "business" product in the future

Options
2023-06-05 08:14:22

@Robbp12 

I agree with you, firmware is not finished. We are beta testers.

Options
Re:Solution to ER8411 NAT - Virtual Server or UPnP Not Working Issues [Case Closed]-Solution
2023-08-29 01:42:38 - last edited 2023-08-29 01:42:42

Update

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 1646

Replies: 10

Related Articles