Issues in ER605 with v1.3.0 firmware (Unsupported browser, etc.)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues in ER605 with v1.3.0 firmware (Unsupported browser, etc.)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Issues in ER605 with v1.3.0 firmware (Unsupported browser, etc.)
2023-09-01 01:02:13

Hi @Arion 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

6 minutes timeout by default. If you want to stay logged in, prolong this. When I get a test device from the factory, I'll change this first.

We optimized the admin web for the Chromium kernel. I am not sure about Firefox and Edge, but in our lab, basically, every computer we test is installed with Firefox. I personally prefer Chrome. No issues so far.

Safari is not recommended. We have not considered adding this to the release note or on the page.

I'll send a report to the dev team to see if we can add this to the release note.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-01 10:15:02

@Clive_A 

Seems to me this error in not a browser-related issue but a cookie content issue.

If I understand correctly the authorization has changed.

If the same cookie name is used after changing the content format or encryption of the value in the cookie, login will fail.

Changing the name of the cookie would resolve this issue.

Still, 'unsupported browser' is not the actual error so I understand this will be very confusing to users.  

Options
2023-09-03 06:47:03

FYI I have the same issue on the ER7206 on the 1.3.0 firmware. 

The error happens with Chrome.

Edge works fine.

Not an issue for me as using Omada now anyway.

Options
Re:Issues in ER605 with v1.3.0 firmware (Unsupported browser, etc.)-Solution
2023-09-04 09:09:02 - last edited 2023-09-04 09:12:48

Hi @HCIHL @J4ce

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you face a problem like this, please clear the browser cache and relaunching your browser can fix this problem.

For the "wrong password", if you update to the latest firmware or beta, you should know that

Upgrading the old version of firmware to the latest version prompts a username and password error because the new version fixes a replay attack vulnerability and updates the verification mechanism during login (adding a timestamp, which is equivalent to a change in the encrypted content of each login password). However, due to the browser cache, the password will still be verified using the old encryption mode before the upgrade, resulting in login failure. Clearing the browser cache and relaunching your browser can fix this problem.

For the "unsupported browser", make sure do the same in the red line.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Related Articles