ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
134 Reply
Re:ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)
2023-09-04 08:07:38

Hi @pkordolian

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

pkordolian wrote

Hi  @Clive_A  and thank you for answering!

I guess the problem is not only the web browser (cache cookies etc) - as I have already mentioned in my post I did cleared all and also used another browser (old habit) for new version of firmware. Anyway, Beta was not for me this time. And since  it is not working right from the box, let me aks what you think about below mentioned procedure ((beside old habits I'm also old fashion one) for a such firmware upgrade. Your comments and suggestions are most welcome as Beta will become soon the new version and it will be good to move forward (and secure more complicated networks)

1. Backup old version

2. Upgrade to new firmware

3. Log-in to new firmware and in case it is not possible (password issue) reset to default and start with new password

4. Change web idle settings

5. Upload backup (I hope it is still possible otherwise why should we do backup :))

6. Reboot (if not already rebooted few times)

Done

I have to mention that the main reason for me to go to new firmware was a problem with USB network. And since neither 2.1.2 nor new Beta could make it I've deployed Omada software locally (docker) and setup networks with no issue.

Once again thank you for reply!

Best regards P.

You can wait for the public release but for this issue, I did not replicate it after clearing the browser cache and rebooting the browser in my test environment. I indeed faced the wrong password after the update but as stated previously, it was because we have changed the mechanism behind the scene. But fixed after doing what I said.

The other day, I tried to replicate what you said about the wrong password even after you downgraded to 2.1.2, I imported the backup and downgraded, the password is the Chrome auto-fill and I did not clear the cache after the downgrade, and I did not face the "wrong password" you described after the downgrade.

I'll see what I can do. Will notify the dev team see if they can add a line in the release note to remind people to clear the cache after the update.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)
2023-09-04 08:34:55 - last edited 2023-09-04 08:44:49

Hi @DNA1010 

In regard to your questions last week. I am testing 80 and 443 port forwarding.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-04 09:04:48 - last edited 2023-09-04 09:06:22

Hi @jg1212 

jg1212 wrote

** EDIT **

Nevermind, it appears to be working suddenly.  I'll post back if anything changes.

@Clive_A 

NAT Loopback (Hairpinning) is no longer working for me with ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware.  (using Omada Controller 5.12.6)

From inside my LAN, I can not access any of my NAT port forwarded servers using my External IP address.  The only thing I can access is my router's login page at EXT-IP:80.

Can you verify on your end?  Let me know if you need anything from me to help fix this.

Thanks,

JG

Well it looks like working perfectly.

Options
2023-09-04 09:17:22

Hi @Artur.Aragao 

Artur.Aragao wrote

@Hank21 

Great week for everyone!
I'm using the Beta firmware and noticed something really annoying here.
I blocked a MAC that I wasn't recognizing yesterday. Today I noticed that my wife was trying to access her computer and she couldn't. The problem was the block I performed.
I undo the blocking and she manages to authenticate on the network, but does not get internet like the others. What is that?

As I'm in a bit of a hurry to fix this, also due to the urgency that she needs to use the PC, I'm returning to the release version. This did not happen in the previous version.

The tricky part is that it establishes the connection now but fails to assign an IP. VERY crazy that, friends.

First, this is not a beta issue. It gets 169.254 IP addresses because of your block.

Second, Microsoft and Windows are advertising their so-called privacy and masking your real MAC address when joining any new network. So, you probably should double-check the MAC address on all of your Android, Apple, and Microsoft Windows OS devices for this.

Rejoin your WIFI should fix this quickly. Either reboot EAP or your wife's computer will also fix it. Lease time is not over, so you will not get a new IP address unless you reconnect the WIFI.

Options
2023-09-05 02:58:04

@Clive_A 

Oops!

Show! So I can continue on beta firmware. What a fright.
I don't have the same experience as my friends. I'm developing this with Omada products.
I even accept indications to better learn the resources of the equipment, because I see that there are many advanced resources and I really want to achieve better knowledge and use these resources well.
Returning to the topic, I had already restarted the EAP670 and it had not worked. It was returning to the firmware release that took almost nothing for the equipment to carry out the release.
I'm going to reapply the beta firmware and test this again, because with it I felt that there was an improvement in the processing of resources for the 2.4 GHz antennas.

Thank you very much for your usual kindness.

Options
2023-09-07 07:59:42

Clive_A wrote

Hi @flips01 

flips01 wrote

Seems SpeedTest options are now totally gone in 2.1.4 (and the pulled 2.2)?

Correct. We don't plan to maintain it anymore. And gradually removed from several updates.

@Clive_A Thanks for clarifying. I just discovered and started appreciating the feature at about the same time you guys started removing it ... 😅

Options
2023-09-22 02:27:02

@Hank21 Any update for this? It's been a month since the last beta release.

Options
2023-09-29 18:24:44

@Hank21 

Aqui tentei atualizar pra resolver o problema de que a WAN secundaria no failover fica toda hora como principal, independente da configuração, esse problema ainda não resolveu

ER605 V2.0 em 3 locais diferentes

Options
2023-10-07 00:53:58 - last edited 2023-10-07 00:54:33

Hi @informc 

informc wrote

Aqui tentei atualizar pra resolver o problema de que a WAN secundaria no failover fica toda hora como principal, independente da configuração, esse problema ainda não resolveu

ER605 V2.0 em 3 locais diferentes

I translated your description. I gotta confirm with you. Do you run into issues with the failover and cannot switch back to the primary after the primary WAN is up again?

What kind of mode do you use? Standalone or Controller? Controller mode, you can use that if you enable the option to switch back. Yet, in standalone, I think you can do this as well.

Refer to the test I did earlier and if you'd like to provide more details with screenshots and traceroute, start a new thread then. I'll follow it up.

Options
2023-10-15 23:38:17 - last edited 2023-10-15 23:42:23

@Clive_A @Hank21 

Is this still not stable since 2.5 months. No signs of official release yet? Did you guys discover more issues in this build that we need to be aware of? Security issues/bugs?

Options