Integration of Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Integration of Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Integration of Deco
Integration of Deco
2023-08-12 07:08:51
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have purchased a ER605, and i have enjoyed using the controller,but at the moment to get wifi im using a old AP from another brand, and the controller does not detect it, its a dumb AP, so i see al connections as wired.

What im thinking is to purchase a Deco mesh M4, but Im not so sure of the integration capacity, if its possible for the controller to also control these mesh settings, and if i can use everything in omada controller.

Im looking to get wifi for a house with 2 floors, spending less than 100 usd mark, considering i already have er605, suggestions are appreciated.

Best Regards,

Texposto

Options
5 Reply
Re:Integration of Deco
2023-08-12 10:43:10

@texposto 

Controller only control omada device.. you must select something in this menu smiley

https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/all-omada/

Options
2023-08-12 12:48:18

@texposto 

Deco Controller is for MSP/ISP.  You are playing in a different ballpark.  

Omada controller only works with TPLINK Omada devices.  You can not adopt other brand devices to it.  

You can buy two APs and mesh them together.  OR you can use the Deco Devices... either one.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-08-12 15:40:26

@MR.S Thank you for your help, but for home use, its not really what im looking for. ill keep using my dumb ap for now

Best regards,

Options
2023-08-12 15:45:20
Hi, i dont really need to mesh them together . What i want is something i can work through the omada controller on my pc, wiithout having to use another aplication for managment. I want to be able to have control of all clients connected to the wifi, though the same Omada controller Something like this MODEM | ER605 / \ Lan clients (AP) | Wifi clients At the moment i see everything as wired clients, which they are not, i want something to be able to get insights on these wifi clients
Options
2023-08-13 05:44:49 - last edited 2023-08-13 05:46:36

texposto wrote

@MR.S Thank you for your help, but for home use, its not really what im looking for. ill keep using my dumb ap for now

Best regards,

@texposto 

even if you use a non-Omada Access Point, it does not mean that it is dumb, it just means that you cannot manage or integrate it into omada's platform. you will not be able to see clients as wifi client but you will see clients as wired clients as you yourself pointed out.

Options