ER8411 - Dual WAN with faillover, primary WAN isn't prioritized after reconnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER8411 - Dual WAN with faillover, primary WAN isn't prioritized after reconnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:ER8411 - Dual WAN with faillover, primary WAN isn't prioritized after reconnection
2023-09-12 11:51:36

Problems appear with the last update ou Er8411. Before all was good. Same issue.

Fix only with downgrade of Er8411 and Oc300 to be stable.

Options
Re:ER8411 - Dual WAN with faillover, primary WAN isn't prioritized after reconnection
2023-09-13 03:53:07

Hi @Gilles72 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Gilles72 wrote

Problems appear with the last update ou Er8411. Before all was good. Same issue.

Fix only with downgrade of Er8411 and Oc300 to be stable.

OP said this is in standalone. How did you test your device? What steps did you perform? I'd hear a more accurate description with a methodology to replicate the issue.

Or this could be a false alarm and not worth much attention because we cannot replicate it and don't have details.

In the previous replies, I used ER8411 V1.3.0 firmware and performed in the standalone, OP has already found out the difference between my test result and his setup.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-22 13:35:06

Clive_A wrote

Hi @EmuAGR

When failover is enabled, backup WAN is offline until the Online Detection fails to ping through primary and tells the router to switch over. It's been like this ever since the Omada router was released years ago.

@Clive_A I've been testing this for a week and it seems the failover works as expected now, enabling load balancing indeed fixed the issue. I could also check that no traffic was sent to the backup WAN, except the VoIP calls, due to the static routes I added.

So I think this works as expected then, and marked your post as the solution. Thank you!

Options