Cannot connect TAPO to Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-14 02:27:52 - last edited 2023-11-07 09:23:38
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I had the camera working on an old network, then I set up a new netwrok with different better router etc. I was able to get most of my cameras up and working but the c110 just gets stuck atred/green and wont connect to router etc.  I resest many times etc.  I think it doesnt do a full factory reset and still holds old data (or does it send data to Tapo when you first set it up?  So maybe new setting is not recognised at Tapo home?  Is that right?  it would explain thing. After all you have to set up a Tapo account to get started and of course it grabs all your data.   Presumably if you camera is stolen it wont work elsewhere.

If this is so, we customers should be told about this. 

Others have same problem and I had to start this thread again.  No solution found so far

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot connect TAPO to Network-Solution
2023-11-06 16:38:46 - last edited 2023-11-07 09:23:38

@Robintes 

I had same issue with c200 out of the box. I tried connecting to my regular SSID but would constantly get "Failed to get IP address". 

I had to go to router settings and enable an SSID that was specific for smart devices. Not sure how helpful that will be, but you may have to contact your router/modem ISP to see if they have this sort of option. 

I also had to make the 2.4 GHz SSID a static channel instead of auto, and had to make it b/g/n/ax. When I removed these settings on the smart device SSID, it stopped working, so that must have been part of the solution.

Hope this helps you or anyone facing a similar issue. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot connect TAPO to Network
2023-09-14 07:30:22

@Robintes 

Hi,
Usually, if the Tapo C110 has a flashing red and green light, it means that the camera is ready for setup, and you can reconfigure it via the Tapo app to connect to a new network.

You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if you fail to set up the C110, and please send me the error message that appears when configuring the camera, and what troubleshooting you have done except for reset.
What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

What's the MAC address of the C110? You can send me the MAC address via private message.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Cannot connect TAPO to Network-Solution
2023-11-06 16:38:46 - last edited 2023-11-07 09:23:38

@Robintes 

I had same issue with c200 out of the box. I tried connecting to my regular SSID but would constantly get "Failed to get IP address". 

I had to go to router settings and enable an SSID that was specific for smart devices. Not sure how helpful that will be, but you may have to contact your router/modem ISP to see if they have this sort of option. 

I also had to make the 2.4 GHz SSID a static channel instead of auto, and had to make it b/g/n/ax. When I removed these settings on the smart device SSID, it stopped working, so that must have been part of the solution.

Hope this helps you or anyone facing a similar issue. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 499

Replies: 2

Related Articles