I am desperate - OC200 connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I am desperate - OC200 connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:I am desperate - OC200 connection problem
2023-10-02 03:48:26

@Ivanx00 

Thanks for clarifying that the hardwired clients always stay up, that really does make it a local problem.  I would even say your router is probably behaving properly too.

Is there a chance you have a device that connects both via wired and wireless at the same time?  

Is there nothing in the OC200 Controller logs (look under events rather than alerts)?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-10-06 05:35:03

@d0ugmac1 the problem became bigger

Sam Problem but most frequently 

I've found this, the problem is that I know it impossibile that a device connected via WiFi (full signal) in this point of the house could not be connect also vie lan. There are no wiring in this area, no one except the ap. Could it be a problem with the ap? It seems like the ap (connected via lan) some times became via LAN and sometimes via WiFi 

I've checked the MAC address but nothing responds with the ap 

but I'm shure that no device could be connected via lan in this point of the house 

help pls, help :(

Options
2023-10-06 11:59:41

@Ivanx00 

It's very difficult given the number of unknowns to narrow down what's going on here.  So we have to ask a lot of questions and guess.

Given that all APs are behaving the same way, I'd say they are ok and the problem is more likely with the router or OC200.

1. are you using both ports on the OC200, if yes, what is connected where?

2. how many WAN ports are configured on the ER605

3. how many LAN ports on the ER605 have devices plugged directly into them, what are they?

4. you have 10 AP's give or take, how are you creating enough ports for them all to connect?  What is your topology?

5. are you using POE injectors, or a POE switch?  If so what model(s)

Options
2023-10-06 13:07:14

@d0ugmac1 thanks for the questions 

OC200 and the router are new, I bought them new because of the problems, and didn't change nothing. 
1. only 1 port (the left one), it is connected to the switch

2. Only 1 port (the left one) connected to the Poe injector of the ISP antenna

3. Only 1 lan port that gets in the switch (model TL-SG 1016)

4. I use the switch where are connected all the eap and some LAN device 

5. I'm using the poe injector furnished when I bought the eap, the cable exists from the switch, get in the poe and than goes to the eap

Options
2023-10-06 13:50:25

@Ivanx00 

Ok, so:

[ISP WAN Device] --> [WAN - ER605 - LAN] --> SG1016

and

SG1016 via POE injectors to APs

SG1016 to OC200

SG1016 various LAN devices

Ok, I'm going to ask you to validate in the OC200 if you have 1 or 2 WAN ports configured, I believe the default is 1.  The remaining ethernet ports on the ER605 are by default configured for LAN.  Is it possible to, for testing, to unplug the 1016 switch, and connect as many AP as possible directly to the ER605?

It would be very useful to know that at least this portion ( [ISP WAN Device] --> [WAN - ER605 - LAN] --> various APs ) is stable.

Options
2023-10-06 13:51:46

@Ivanx00 

you can loop one of the AP's through the OC200 so it can remain connected too.  I mean:

[ ER605 - LANx] --> OC200 --> POE injector --> AP

Options
2023-10-09 05:56:19

@d0ugmac1 

That's what I've tried:

- ISP - ER605 - OC 200 - SWITCH 

nothing works (WiFi device has no internet connection the same with LAN)

then

-ISP-ER605- 1 lan port to SWITCH and one to OC200- one ap on the second port on the OC200

works but ping arround 800/900.

i setted all as before (ISP-ER605-1 port to switch (with all device) and one to OC 200 (nothing else connected)

works e everything but still with 80/100 ping (I've already tried to restart every single part, to cut tensions, all.....)

In the logs I've also seen that many WiFi device are connected as lan device for some time and then get error and get disconnected. 

Thanks so much

Options
2023-10-09 08:57:42

@Ivanx00 

consider bad signal reception and interference or bad power supply from the poe.

at least you should do several tests to rule them out before escalating this to the support team. if you don't know the methods to test it, ask for help. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-10-10 05:27:08

@Tedd404 thanks for the tips 

I think there's no problem with Poe, all the eap work properly

Signal and interference idk if they could be the problem, how can I check it?

Btw signal on my device is always full, even when my phone get disconnected the signal is full 

it's really unnerving, it continues to stop working

a few minutes ago: WiFi connected, full signal, full internet connection and one second later no internet connection (still full WiFi signal) but also no ip connection inside my net (for example I couldn't reach oc200 ip , router ip, all the ip address 192.168.0.----) aren't reachable for 10/20 seconds and then started working again with no reason 

please help me, I'm really inclined to sell everything and buy another brand 

thank you so mich

Options
2023-10-10 06:11:58

@Ivanx00 

does anyone tell you to ping the gw IP address to verify if there is any issue? 

ping ip -t to check if there is a problem with your lan. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options