I am desperate - OC200 connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I am desperate - OC200 connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:I am desperate - OC200 connection problem
2023-10-10 08:06:19

@Tedd404 yes and I tried

ping is perfect, when I get the problem I can't ping the ip and after few seconds everything starts working again 

Options
2023-10-10 08:54:57

@Ivanx00 

if this is the case, you should check if you get an IP address when this happens. does it turn to 169.254.x.x at that point? if yes, then you should check the cable. 

or the router is the issue. 

if you believe this is a hardware issue with the eap110-outdoor, buy a new device and try it out. 

my guess is still the hardware in your environment. rare to have a bad AP. 

eap110 is the 2.4g eap, which is easily being interfered with. bear this in mind, you should reduce the interference. analyze your network by free software. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-10-10 12:51:04

@Ivanx00 

In Post 18 I asked you to try with the SWITCH removed from your configuration, yet in 19 you did everything but.

I think KyrieM (post 2) may have been correct, it sounds like there is some kind of loop on a wifi device that is causing the switch port to shutdown temporarily to quell the storm caused by a loop.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-10-10 13:08:38

@d0ugmac1 I tried to remove the switch but I had ping problem about 700/800ms 

so I had to insert switch again. 
how can I check if there are some loops?

thanks 

Options
2023-10-10 13:14:47
With no switch, 1 AP and one wirelessly (only) connected device (like a cellphone) only...do you still get those long ping times?
<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-10-15 14:35:49

@Ivanx00 As someone already mentioned you may be having interference problems and I'm chiming in here with a question about how you have planned your WiFi radio network? Meaning what channels do you use?

Although things seem to have been working fine before, perhaps you made some changes in this area at the time of upgrading to 5.12.9??

Try setting your channels so that nearby APs don't overlap and remember that on 2.4Ghz, channels are wider than the numbers suggest. So channel 6 interferes with channels 4, 5, 7 and 8. So channels 1, 6 and 11 on three neighboring AP's is safe, and anything else provides some risk of interference. 

Options