Unable to access internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-05 16:15:16 - last edited 2023-10-09 06:56:31
Model: RE700X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

I have just added the TP-Link RE700X as a range extender, to get wifi in the back office. I have a dell laptop that is connected and working on the internet through the extender, but my Corsair One desktop shows a connection to Wifi and it says there is internet access, but nothing will connect to the internet - browser or email.

Any ideas?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to access internet -Solution
2023-10-08 09:05:41 - last edited 2023-10-09 06:56:31
Hi Guys, Just found out that my network card is not wifi 6 compatible, so will need to upgrade to connect. Thanks for your replies, most appreciated
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Unable to access internet
2023-10-08 06:18:54

@Dipstick60 Hi, have you tried accessing the Internet via Ethernet cable to the Range Extender or via Wi-Fi of the main router? It's important to confirm whether the trouble took place in the RE or not. If you can access Internet via WIFI of router, more details would be helpful to troubleshoot, such as the status of light on the plane of RE.

Options
2023-10-08 07:55:31

@code0731 I can access the router direct over Wifi, all the LEDs on the extender are solid blue, and I can access the extender from Firestick and two laptops no problem. The desktop is showing connected and internet access, but neither my email or browser will connect to the internet.

Options
2023-10-08 08:30:56

@Dipstick60 

Hi, maybe you could refer to this link to check the IP addresses on these two laptops to see whether the Corsair One desktop has the correct IP address.

How to find IP address on your devices

It would help if you could post two pictures of the IP settings on the Corsair One desktop and the Dell laptop.

Then please also try to ping the gateway and DNS server on the Corsair One desktop to check the network connection:

How to Use the Ping Command

By the way, please update the wireless driver on the Corsair One desktop if there is anyone available.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Unable to access internet -Solution
2023-10-08 09:05:41 - last edited 2023-10-09 06:56:31
Hi Guys, Just found out that my network card is not wifi 6 compatible, so will need to upgrade to connect. Thanks for your replies, most appreciated
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-08 09:05:42
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 301

Replies: 14

Related Articles