Archer AX10 Easy Mesh Issue

2023-10-10 10:25:40 - last edited 2023-11-01 12:07:32
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.9 Build 20230728 Rel. 45716(5553)

Hi TP-Link,

I am so excited about the EasyMesh feature enabled on all my TP-Link devices! My setup is following:

Main Router: AX5400

Easy Mesh Satellite Router 1: Archer C80

Easy Mesh Satellite Router 2: Archer AX10

All devices' firmware are up-to-date. AX5400 and C80 has no issue at all to setup EasyMesh network. Now when I follow the same steps to setup AX10, when I added AX10 from AX5400 EasyMesh control panel, the first three green LEDs on AX10 will flash which means it received the configuration and try to setup EasyMesh, then the fourth LED will flash orange color for few times and all LEDs blacked out. On AX5400 it prompted adding device failed. I have factory reset AX10 multiple times and repeated the setup procedure and the issue persists.

Is this issue caused by AX10 or AX5400, are they not compatible or AX5400 cannot support more than one Easy Mesh device?

I am working in IT industry so all the general diagnosis is not helping much since I have already tried all of them. Is there any requirements such as adding only one Mesh device at one time and after all added, then try to turn all of them on? Or is there any firmware bug in AX10?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

sizeofinfinity

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer AX10 Easy Mesh Issue-Solution
2023-10-19 13:45:33 - last edited 2023-11-01 12:07:32

@sizeofinfinity   @Sunshine 

I have a similar setup (AX72V1US & AX10V1.20US). I had to downgrade the AX10 to firmware version 1.3.8 to EasyMesh to operate in a stable way using wireless connection between the routers. AX72 is the master device. With latest firmware version 1.3.9, EasyMesh was unstable for me.

Ethernet backhaul kind of works, but ONLY if you ALWAYS restart both routers together after the initial setup, first the AX72 and then the AX10. If you restart just one of them, or in the wrong order, the network (wired & wireless) becomes extremely slow until you reboot both in the sequence AX72->AX10.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer AX10 Easy Mesh Issue
2023-10-11 07:05:14

@sizeofinfinity 

Hi, normally it should be okay to add multiple satellite devices and all TP-Link EasyMesh routers are compatible.

May I know if you are using wireless backhaul? what is the model no. and hardware version of your AX5400 main router? like Archer AX5400 Pro, or Archer AX73, Archer AX72? actually they all belong to AX5400 products.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-12 10:24:33

@Sunshine Thank you so much for your response! My main router is Archer AX72. I am no sure I understand your question of wireless backhaul correctly or not but my satellite devices are connecting to main router only via wireless. But my main router is connecting to NBN via Ethernet cable.

Should I connect my satellite device with main router via cable during the EasyMesh setup procedure?

Thanks again for all your help!

Best Regards,

sizeofinfinity

Options
2023-10-12 18:07:54 - last edited 2023-10-12 18:11:26

@sizeofinfinity 

Probably you have already tried the following, but in case you haven't, you may give it a go.

- Bring the AX10 and the AX72 relatively close together when adding the AX10 as satellite. (I have seen it myself that it can fail if the satellite router is two rooms away while trying to add it to the EasyMesh)

- Power the C80 off and then try to add the AX10 as satellite.

And regarding the Ethernet cable. No, you should not connect the AX10 to the AX72 via Ethernet cable when using EasyMesh, because the AX10 doesn't support this (yet).

Options
2023-10-14 11:04:00

@woozle Hi woozle,

Thanks a lot for your help but unfortunately I have tried all your suggestions with the exactly same issue. Now I highly suspect the EasyMesh firmware for AX10 is buggy. It looks like AX10 has received the configuration from main router but cannot boot up properly with the configuration. Can TP-Link please test following test case to re-produce the issue?

- Main router AX72

- Satellite router AX10

Try to add AX10 as satellite router from AX72 and AX10 will not boot properly.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

sizeofinfinity

Options
2023-10-16 03:24:29

@sizeofinfinity 

Hi, I have reported it to our support engineer to run an internal test, once there is any update, I will let you know.

Besides, upon checking, AX10 has supported Ethernet Backhaul as well, so please try connect AX10 to your AX72 and follow this thread(Scenario 2) to see if EasyMesh works between the two via Ethernet Backhaul: 

How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer AX10 Easy Mesh Issue-Solution
2023-10-19 13:45:33 - last edited 2023-11-01 12:07:32

@sizeofinfinity   @Sunshine 

I have a similar setup (AX72V1US & AX10V1.20US). I had to downgrade the AX10 to firmware version 1.3.8 to EasyMesh to operate in a stable way using wireless connection between the routers. AX72 is the master device. With latest firmware version 1.3.9, EasyMesh was unstable for me.

Ethernet backhaul kind of works, but ONLY if you ALWAYS restart both routers together after the initial setup, first the AX72 and then the AX10. If you restart just one of them, or in the wrong order, the network (wired & wireless) becomes extremely slow until you reboot both in the sequence AX72->AX10.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-11-01 12:14:19

@MCP1 

Thank you so much for your share and it worked! Finally I got some spare time to get back to this issue and here is the test results:

My AX10 hardware version is 1.20 and only the firmware 1.3.8 is working with Easy Mesh. The all black LEDs seems a feature instead of a bug, the satellite device LEDs will be controlled by Main Router settings. Now I can see my AX10 in my mesh devices list with assigned IP address, everything is working like a charm!

The only thing is to disable auto-update on AX10, otherwise, the issue comes back.

Thank you all for your help, if TP-Link can fix the firmware in the new version which will be much appreciated, otherwise, I am happy to stay at current status unless there are some critical security issues in 1.3.8.

Best Regards,

sizeofinfinity

Options
2024-03-07 04:44:06

@MCP1 You saved my day! I have a ax55 + ax10 setup, and I was bashing my head against the wall trying to figure out why easymesh caused slow wifi speed (my phone couldn't even stay on wifi for over 3 seconds). I downgraded the firmware of ax10 to 1.2.8 and rebooted in the order ax55->ax10, now easymesh works and wifi returns to the normal speed!

Although it's still kinda weird to me that the ethernet overhaul seems kinda work however it doesn't give me a ethernet icon in easymesh managing interface, but it's already much better than a completely unusable wifi

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1163

Replies: 8

Related Articles