ER8411 V1_1.1.1 Build 20231030 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller V5.13 (Released on Oct 31th, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER8411 V1_1.1.1 Build 20231030 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller V5.13 (Released on Oct 31th, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
58 Reply
Re:ER8411 V1_1.1.1 Build 20231030 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller V5.13 (Released on Oct 31th, 2023)
2023-12-01 08:00:25

Hi @Crannog 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Crannog wrote

@Clive_A 

Correct - single IP address for customer endpoint, and next hop gateway.

The MSS feature, we are using static IP not PPPoE?  Can MSS be applied to IPsec tunnel directly?  What is default MTU/MSS applied on IPSec tunnels?

Is it under Controller mode or standalone? Controller might be experiencing this issue while standalone should be fine.

MSS only supports PPPoE now. No. Like the WAN = 1500.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:ER8411 V1_1.1.1 Build 20231030 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller V5.13 (Released on Oct 31th, 2023)
2023-12-01 12:56:34

@Clive_A do you need further information on this one?

Options
2023-12-04 01:40:47

Hi @byrallier

byrallier wrote

@Clive_A do you need further information on this one?

No. Not from you. I have reported this to the dev team. It might be an issue with the controller sync connector. So, the dev team should be aware of it. I was @ someone else and explained things.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-04 01:44:11

Hi @Crannog 

Crannog wrote

WAN interface doesn't accept /252 saying my gateway address is a broadcast address.  Changing to /248 works but obviously not

correct.  Other routers have no issue

with /252, and its not just this version, all versions have same problem.

The MSS feature - where do I find this setting? I think I briefly see it appear on WAN page when loading, but then it disappears. I need to clamp MSS for use with Azure VPN connections over IPSec.

Also any plans to support AES256-GCM on IPsec?

About /252 issue, I need to know your exact config. Please provide the details.

So, here's an example, if your IP is 123.123.123.123, your subnet is 255.255.255.252, this will notify you that you are using a broadcast.

123 IP is 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 which using the subnet of /252 happens to make it broadcast.

So when you change it to /248, it is not a broadcast address.

Options
2023-12-05 12:53:49
Hi Clive, I'm a little confused... lack of coffee most likely reason. :) My understanding from ISP documentation I have is that a subnet of /30 (255.255.255.252) is a four address segment with a network base IP, a gateway IP, a usable IP and broadcast IP address? As for MSS, Azure VPN documentation states the following... "you must clamp TCP MSS at 1350. Or if your VPN devices don't support MSS clamping, you can alternatively set the MTU on the tunnel interface to 1400 bytes instead." It would be good to be able to adjust these parameters on the VPN setup page to ensure peak performance of the same.
Options
2023-12-06 00:08:18 - last edited 2023-12-06 00:08:47

Hey,

Thanks for getting this out to us. Unfortunately, I've updated and experienced some problems and after downgrading, those problems remain.

The problems experienced are:

Some websites/iOS apps no longer load (unfortunately I can't share these sites as they are internal work sites on a vpn and so no one would have access anyways)

PS5 no longer connects to the internet for some games (namely: Fortnite)

Logitech Harmony no longer functions

These are all things that I, my wife, or my children use regularly and was functional until the upgrade. Remains the same after downgrade to official release FW.

Currently using Omada Controller 5.13.22 on Linux headless server.

Options
2023-12-06 02:28:00

Hi @Critter2020 

Critter2020 wrote

Hey,

Thanks for getting this out to us. Unfortunately, I've updated and experienced some problems and after downgrading, those problems remain.

The problems experienced are:

Some websites/iOS apps no longer load (unfortunately I can't share these sites as they are internal work sites on a vpn and so no one would have access anyways)

PS5 no longer connects to the internet for some games (namely: Fortnite)

Logitech Harmony no longer functions

These are all things that I, my wife, or my children use regularly and was functional until the upgrade. Remains the same after downgrade to official release FW.

Currently using Omada Controller 5.13.22 on Linux headless server.

Then it seems to be the Internet issue. Or you misconfigure the VPN which incorrectly routes your traffic to an unknown destination.

Have you self-examined your WAN settings and VPN? If you don't know provide screenshots with sensitive IP mosaiced.

If you've downgraded the previous firmware and the issue persists, it does not seem to be an issue with either the controller or the router.

DNS? What steps do you verify this? nslookup?

Options
2023-12-08 17:29:11

@Clive_A 

Thanks for questioning me! Made me think that perhaps it was my internet provider as it only happened that same day but doesn't mean it happened at the same time as the update. Everything seemed fine but I know my provider is known for blocking certain traffic; I switched from PPPoE to ADMZ and all is well now; back up and running better than ever!

Options
2023-12-11 15:32:56 - last edited 2023-12-11 20:23:50

@Clive_A 

Can also report IPsec performance issues on the 1.1.1 beta firmware between ER8411 and pfSense. No issues when using OpenVPN server client setup.

Also have noted that whilst you can assign WAN IP Alias, you can't specify the same port as another alias (or at least the main interface IP) when port forwarding.

EG Interface IP has port forwards of 80 and 443 to server A and WAN Alias IP 2 has port forwards of 80 and 443 to server B.

Many thanks

Options
2023-12-12 08:12:50

Hi @Jamie_S 

Jamie_S wrote

@Clive_A 

Can also report IPsec performance issues on the 1.1.1 beta firmware between ER8411 and pfSense. No issues when using OpenVPN server client setup.

Also have noted that whilst you can assign WAN IP Alias, you can't specify the same port as another alias (or at least the main interface IP) when port forwarding.

EG Interface IP has port forwards of 80 and 443 to server A and WAN Alias IP 2 has port forwards of 80 and 443 to server B.

Many thanks

Is the test based on iperf?

What's the symptom? Any details?

What you "EG", do you miss "cannot" in it? It does not make sense to me as a sentence. It is a declarative sentence with an affirmative tone.

Options