ER7212PC port forwarding not working

2023-11-05 22:55:50 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:17:43
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20220820 Rel.76397

Hi,

I got this problem where i want to acces my Radarr and Sonarr server externaly.
I have set the Portforwarding rules and registerd my DDNS because i dont have a static external ip address.

But somehow i still cant access the radarr or sonarr server. 
I dont think im missing any settings.

Also when i use an external port checker it says closed on port 7878 (i tried diffrent rules and port aswell but all give the same result)

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:ER7212PC port forwarding not working-Solution
2023-11-06 03:45:17 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:17:43

Hi @MickeyNotFound 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Refer to this guide and make sure you double-check your firmware if it is the latest. Upgrade if necessary.

Troubleshooting Virtual Services on the Router Doesn't Take Effect

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-11-07 01:00:38 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:17:50

Hi @MickeyNotFound 

MickeyNotFound wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive_A,

Thanks for your response.
I made sure my router is up-to-date with the latest firmware yet the problem is still there.

I feel like i should be able to see my public IP under Devices / Router / Details / WAN / Online arrows but i only see the internal IP it gets from my modem. (see photo)

Its showing me a 192.168.0.246 which is the address it gets from my modem. The modem is in Bridged Mode (Yes the MAC is correct) so shouldn't i be able to see the public Ip right there?

Then you should turn your modem router into bridge mode, AKA modem mode. Then you should see the public IP address on this interface.

Now this WAN interface is connected to a router. So, fix this first and it is the main reason why your port forwarding is not working.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2023-11-06 03:45:17 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:17:43

Hi @MickeyNotFound 

Refer to this guide and make sure you double-check your firmware if it is the latest. Upgrade if necessary.

Troubleshooting Virtual Services on the Router Doesn't Take Effect

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER7212PC port forwarding not working
2023-11-06 22:25:40

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive_A,

I made sure my router is up-to-date with the latest firmware yet the problem is still there.

I feel like i should be able to see my public IP under Devices / Router / Details / WAN / Online arrows but i only see the internal IP it gets from my modem. (see photo)

Its showing me a 192.168.0.246 which is the address it gets from my modem. The modem is in Bridged Mode (Yes the MAC is correct) so shouldn't i be able to see the public Ip right there?

Options
2023-11-07 01:00:38 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:17:50

Hi @MickeyNotFound 

MickeyNotFound wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive_A,

Then you should turn your modem router into bridge mode, AKA modem mode. Then you should see the public IP address on this interface.

Now this WAN interface is connected to a router. So, fix this first and it is the main reason why your port forwarding is not working.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 250

Replies: 3

Related Articles