Can't configure WAN/LAN1 and WAN/LAN2 for online detection or load balancing

2024-01-15 06:16:06
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.3 Build 20231201 Rel.32918

I have three ISPs (cable, DSL, cell), each run into one of WAN, WAN/LAN1, WAN/LAN2.  All connections seem to be working, and to a degree traffic is flowing.  (Just rebooted, so traffic is low.)  However, I am unable to configure load balancing for WAN ports other than WAN, and unable to set online detection.  I've searched through the forums (and Google at large), and can't seem to find anything related to my problem.

Basic network configuration:

However, I appear to be unable to "detect" WAN/LAN1 and WAN/LAN2 as WAN ports:

1.  When attempting to enable bandwidth-based routing, only WAN shows up.

2. When setting "Online detection", only WAN shows up:

Just in case it's at all related to this, I do have a set of vlans set up on ports 4 and 5 (the non-WAN ports) to provide some routing options.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can't configure WAN/LAN1 and WAN/LAN2 for online detection or load balancing
2024-01-16 01:56:30

Hi @UpDryTwist 

Consider that either the page ages or the system glitches somehow. Have you tried to reboot it and check again? Or try in incognito mode.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-16 03:18:15

@Clive_A  - unfortunately not.  I've rebooted any number of times.  Tried an incognito browser (Chrome) and also tried in Edge (which had never previously been anywhere near the site).

Other hints?  (Thanks!)

Options
2024-01-16 03:23:17

Hi @UpDryTwist 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Is this a brand-new device? Start with everything new?

Did you ever import any backup?

Have you tried to disable the extra WANs and enable them again?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-16 04:22:04

@Clive_A - new device, and never imported a backup.  I haven't removed and re-added the WANs, due to the scary messages about losing the entire configuration if I do, and I was worried about restoring a backup undoing any good that might be done by removing and re-adding.  I guess it's time to document everything and try removing/readding.  Thanks!

Options