Connect via LAN EAP610 Outdoor (Meshed) to CPE710 Bridge to another building

2024-02-01 02:51:07 - last edited 2024-02-02 02:15:16
Model: EAP610-Outdoor   CPE710  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone I need assistance for a mesh network that needs to be created. I need to run an OMADA mesh network so that the North House is covered with internet. The main network in the North house is in the back of home (red pointer). The network is Starlink which will be connected to an OMADA EAP610 Indoor ROOT AP + OC200 Controller. 

Wifi is needed in the north house barns so I will use EAP610 Outdoor (purple arrows) to mesh the internet (the farthest barn distance from the north house is about 320ft).

This is where the questions come in.....indecision

We need to bridge this network over to the south house using p2p CPE 710 (highlighted in blue)

We have already installed 1 Mesh EAP610 Outdoor on the external North house (Purple arrow at distance 0 on map)

1. I would like to connect the ROOT CPE710 using the LAN From the EAP610 Outdoor (blue & purple arrows at distance 0 on map) I spoke to a tp link tech and they mentioned to me that the EAP 610 outdoor has a LAN that can be used to send internet to the CPE710 via cat 6 cable. Is this possible? Can the EAP610 Outdoor run as a mesh network and backhaul the network via the POE/Lan Injector from the EAP610 to the CPE710 P2P POE/Lan Injector? I am stumped and getting different responses from different support techscrying

2. After this is all sorted I would like to use the receiving CPE710 (blue arrow) on the south house and connect an EAP610 outdoor (purple arrow) to it via LAN and continue to use the same Omada mesh network we created in the north house. Lastly, we need to bring the mesh from the EAP610 Outdoor from the south house inside the home using an EAP 610 indoor. 

I am stumped on all of this. I did my best to be as descriptive as possible and hope I did not confuse you. Any feedback in this setup would be very helpful. TIA

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connect via LAN EAP610 Outdoor (Meshed) to CPE710 Bridge to another building-Solution
2024-02-01 14:14:26 - last edited 2024-02-02 02:15:16

@MrPhoneDoctor 

I understand what you are trying to do.

A TPlink mesh provides wireless backhaul from the child AP to the root AP.   The ethernet port of the root AP is wired by definition, and the ethernet port of the child AP is bridged, via the wireless mesh, to the ethernet port of the root.  Any device plugged into the ethernet port of the child AP will appear as plugged into the same switch port as the root AP is.  This means you cannot do this at the North house as the existing root AP port is needed to make it a root AP, however at the South end, you can absolutely connect the output of the 710 link to the ethernet port of a 610, effectively making it a root AP by way of the 710 bridge.

So, at the north end, you must wire up both the 610-outdoor AND the CPE710.  If you can do 2 runs of CAT6 for that purpose then great.  If you want to leverage the existing single cable, you'll need to put a switch on the end.  Power gets a bit interesting though, the 610 can do POE or 48V Passive, the 710 is 24V passive only. 

I have used this device to great effect to power both a 225-outdoor and a POE camera from a single feed from a POE+ switch:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0BVR3C92S 

TPlink also has the nifty new SG2005P-PD, which is an outdoor POE switch and can be managed by Omada controller.  You would use it in POE-passthrough mode, not POE++ input.

That would allow you to terminate the existing feed for the North 610 into the 4 port switch, power the 610 from one of the 3 POE ports, and use a 2nd port via the 24V passive injector for the 710/Pharos.  Either option also provides best performance, given either link gigabit access back to the Starlink.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connect via LAN EAP610 Outdoor (Meshed) to CPE710 Bridge to another building-Solution
2024-02-01 14:14:26 - last edited 2024-02-02 02:15:16

@MrPhoneDoctor 

I understand what you are trying to do.

A TPlink mesh provides wireless backhaul from the child AP to the root AP.   The ethernet port of the root AP is wired by definition, and the ethernet port of the child AP is bridged, via the wireless mesh, to the ethernet port of the root.  Any device plugged into the ethernet port of the child AP will appear as plugged into the same switch port as the root AP is.  This means you cannot do this at the North house as the existing root AP port is needed to make it a root AP, however at the South end, you can absolutely connect the output of the 710 link to the ethernet port of a 610, effectively making it a root AP by way of the 710 bridge.

So, at the north end, you must wire up both the 610-outdoor AND the CPE710.  If you can do 2 runs of CAT6 for that purpose then great.  If you want to leverage the existing single cable, you'll need to put a switch on the end.  Power gets a bit interesting though, the 610 can do POE or 48V Passive, the 710 is 24V passive only. 

I have used this device to great effect to power both a 225-outdoor and a POE camera from a single feed from a POE+ switch:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0BVR3C92S 

TPlink also has the nifty new SG2005P-PD, which is an outdoor POE switch and can be managed by Omada controller.  You would use it in POE-passthrough mode, not POE++ input.

That would allow you to terminate the existing feed for the North 610 into the 4 port switch, power the 610 from one of the 3 POE ports, and use a 2nd port via the 24V passive injector for the 710/Pharos.  Either option also provides best performance, given either link gigabit access back to the Starlink.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 1

Related Articles