Connect to Starlink

Connect to Starlink
Connect to Starlink
2024-02-01 21:05:17 - last edited 2024-02-27 09:35:13
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.3.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 170809 Rel.42095n

Hi,

I am trying to use my VR2800 modem/router as a router for StarLINK in Bypass Mode.

I have viewed many Youtube videos and looked ay many sites showing how simple it is to add a router to StarLINK

I have a V2 Starlink and add on ethernet adapter which I use to connect an ethernet cable to the WAN input of the VR2800

The internet symbol on the VR2800 is always orange when I plug the Starling ethernet into it - which I think means I am connected but there is no internet. I have tried all sorts of WAN settings including Dynamic IP but nothing works

I dont know what else to do with the VR2800 to get it working.

Could anyone suggest a step by step from factory reset of the VR2800? I try the quick start - but this requires a ADSL login (which I dont have) and I think I need to set up the WAN. All of the videos seem to suggest it would just work without any changes

Kind Regards

Chris

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connect to Starlink-Solution
2024-02-02 07:16:38 - last edited 2024-02-27 09:35:13

@ChrisMR2 

You could refer to this guide to change it to Wireless Router mode first: How to configure the AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router as a regular wireless router

Then refer to this thread to connect it to starlink network: How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router (or Third-party Router) to Starlink Internet

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connect to Starlink-Solution
2024-02-02 07:16:38 - last edited 2024-02-27 09:35:13

@ChrisMR2 

You could refer to this guide to change it to Wireless Router mode first: How to configure the AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router as a regular wireless router

Then refer to this thread to connect it to starlink network: How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router (or Third-party Router) to Starlink Internet

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 210

Replies: 1

Related Articles