Sticky wireguard connection with WAN fail-over

Sticky wireguard connection with WAN fail-over

14 Reply
Re:Sticky wireguard connection with WAN fail-over-Solution
2024-03-14 05:43:26 - last edited 2024-03-15 07:18:04

Hi @GTiMy77 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

GTiMy77 wrote

@Clive_A

Creating a Wireshark of the WAN interface is no problem. I will do so when I'm back on site tomorrow.

Could you please instruct me how to mirror the USB LTE modem within the router? I'm not able to select the WAN interfaces to be mirrored. I don't know any other method to capture traffic on this interface

Interesting question about the interface status. As soon as I reboot the router, both WAN and USB LTE interface are in the state connected. The USB LTE interface only goes to the disconnected state when I unplug the USB dongle. The WAN interface goes to disconnected as soon as I remove the network cable. Both quite obvious :-). Otherwise the reported state is always connected:

So set up a static routing like this.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Sticky wireguard connection with WAN fail-over
2024-03-14 10:22:12 - last edited 2024-03-14 10:22:27

@Clive_A 

What would be the goal of making this static route?

Still I don't know how to mirror the USB LTE interface.

Kind regards.

Options
2024-03-15 01:41:24 - last edited 2024-03-15 07:18:01

Hi @GTiMy77 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

GTiMy77 wrote

@Clive_A 

What would be the goal of making this static route?

Still I don't know how to mirror the USB LTE interface.

Kind regards.

This is to fix your problem. The dev tested it and told me that would fix it. They have successfully switched the WAN based on that static routing.

So, no need to Wireshark now.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-15 07:17:53

@Clive_A 

Tested and it works! That is great news.

Do you think this is considered as a work around and a fix will come in a future release? The WAN interface is a DHCP client, so IP-adresses (and default gateway) could change on that side and that would undo this implementation right.

Many thanks for the help!

Kind regards.

Options
Related Articles