wireguard and vlan

wireguard and vlan
wireguard and vlan
2024-04-23 16:24:32
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have been reading the topics here and in internet regarding the wireguard and vlans. Essentially, can somebody points me how can i convince wireguard client to have an access to specific vlan/group of ips?

From wireguard ip for client 192.168.0.99 (192.168.0.0/24), to access VLAN (e.g. 10.0.0.0/24 as an example) on tp-link omada network?

i tried in wireguard client:

AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0

or

AllowedIPs = 10.0.0.0/24

but no luck. What i need to do on tp-link side to make sure that trafic from 192.168.0.0/24 (writeguard) get's access to specific VLAN (e.g. 10.0.0.0/24). Alternative, can be also one specific IP (or group of IPs).

I don't have VLANs open (for obviously reasons). 

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:wireguard and vlan
2024-04-24 01:37:40

Hi @AntonV 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You can refer to this guide:

Make sure your VLAN is accessible. ACL needs to be reviewed.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:wireguard and vlan
2024-04-24 14:12:24

@Clive_A Hello Clive.

Saw it. And that part is working. So i (finally) get to the part i can see that my ip is from router i got vpn to.

But i can't connect to that other router vlans... So... What needs to be done either on side of a client or side of vpn router to be able to access remote vlans.

BTW in both cases i have tp-link reouter. So that is in-house thing. no third party routers involved.

Idea is in a way very simpyl I use wireguard which has much better performance that openvpn, to connect to my vpn site. And that user (or users) i want them to be able to connect only to specific vlans.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 200

Replies: 2

Related Articles