Sloped ceiling mount

Sloped ceiling mount

Sloped ceiling mount
Sloped ceiling mount
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am interested in the TPlink tapo c500 outdoor camera, but I have to mount it on a SLOPED ceiling.

I know the camera could compensate by just tilting down, but I am afraid this will be weird when it is panning around. Also, it might not look nice with the main body of the camera mounted at an angle.

Is it possible to keep the camera straight, with the mounting bracket attached to a 15 degree sloped ceiling ?

Or is there an easy hack to physically compensate for the sloped ceiling ?

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Sloped ceiling mount-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@d_gitale 

The mounting bracket for the Tapo C500 does not do the job, the angle is fixed.

More product information can be found on the TP-Link official website's Specifications or Support page (Search a model -> Click Specifitions or Support).

​​​​​​​

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Sloped ceiling mount
a week ago

@d_gitale 

Are you saying you want the camera to stay level with the ground, not tilted down 15 degrees? The physical compensation you mentioned is a good approach.

Maybe prop up a wooden block or something similar at the camera's installation spot? Then attach the camera securely. Just make sure whatever you use is stable, so there's no risk of it falling and take the camera down with it. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

Yes, I want the camera to be positioned vertically, just as if it was mounted on a flat ceiling.

A wooden block might be an alternative,- thanks... but I was wondering if the mounting bracket that comes with the camera, allows to compensate for the sloped ceiling. That would make things much easier.

I have not purchased the camera(s) yet and I can only find examples of flat ceiling mounts online.

Options
Re:Sloped ceiling mount-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@d_gitale 

The mounting bracket for the Tapo C500 does not do the job, the angle is fixed.

More product information can be found on the TP-Link official website's Specifications or Support page (Search a model -> Click Specifitions or Support).

​​​​​​​

Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

Ok thanks. Guess I will have to find another solution.

Options
a week ago

@d_gitale 

Perhaps you can consider the outdoor models like TC85, Tapo C410, or Tapo C325WB, etc, as their camera angles are adjustable (not pan&tilt).

Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks will look into it

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 186

Replies: 6

Related Articles