2024-06-05 12:34:29 - last edited 2024-06-06 07:32:34
Model: TL-SG108PE  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20220531 Rel.35386

Hello, all.
Please, can someone help me to configure my TL-SG108 as following:
1. Ports 1,2,3,4 as VLAN1
2. Ports 1,5,6,7,8 as VLAN2

Obviously traffic between VLANs is isolated except  the port 1 which needs to talk to both VLANs.

I tried in simple port VLANs, but couldn't leave port 1 in VLAN1 and VLAN2 simultaneously.
I tried in 802.1Q:
- Add Port 1 to VLAN 1 as an untagged member.
- Create VLAN 10: ports 1, 2, 3, and 4 are untagged members.

- Create VLAN 20: ports 1, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are untagged members.

- PVID Settings: set PVID of Ports 1, 2, 3, and 4 to 10; set PVID of Ports 5, 6, 7, and 8 to 20.

Doesn't work - port 1 is unable to talk to VLAN2.

I assigned PVID10 to port 1 - the same result.
Many other combinations tries - something does not work always.

I will be very thankfull for the advice on the required configuration.

Best Regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't make VLAN Configuration as desired
2024-06-06 02:30:03 - last edited 2024-06-06 07:32:34

Hi @PLeon 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Common Questions About 802.1Q VLAN

How to Configure VLAN on TP-Link Switch

Please read the guides above.

802.1Q VLAN does not allow inter communication.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-06-06 06:52:07

@Clive_A Thank you for your reply.

I do not insist on 802.1Q. I just ask how can I implement what I need....:-)

My old TP-LINK did this job perfectly. Do you mean that the new one is uncapable?

Options
2024-06-06 07:31:07

Hi @PLeon 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

PLeon wrote

@Clive_A Thank you for your reply.

I do not insist on 802.1Q. I just ask how can I implement what I need....:-)

My old TP-LINK did this job perfectly. Do you mean that the new one is uncapable?

Don't be this. I am not trying to be mean but I am not impressed by how you express your self-centered opinion.

First, let me confirm again, if you are talking about the access between VLAN(802.1Q), that's not possible. It is the essence of the VLAN and it is developed based on the RFC. Or are you referring to something else? Please give me a bigger picture than your original post.

And, I am not you and I don't understand what you mean by "my old TP-LINK did this". What kind of setup was it?

Second, if the first is what you need, and it is not possible, there is no need to persuade me to configure something impossible to do for you. I have given you the instructions on how VLAN works. If you won't listen, I am okay with that.

If you just need a guide, go back to the switch page, and look at the pinned thread, if you just need "how can I implement what I need".

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 164

Replies: 3

Related Articles