ER7212PC

ER7212PC
ER7212PC
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good morning.

Is it normal that in the ER7212PC router I can't choose the profile of the ports?

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER7212PC -Solution

Hi  @Pas7o 

Profile feature is only available on the Omada switch.

Unfortunately, this model is not a switch.

You can only set the PVID on the ports. By default, the VLAN you created on the ports are tagged by default except for the VLAN 1.

Please do not select unrelated tag for the topic. Thank you.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:ER7212PC -Solution

Hi  @Pas7o 

Profile feature is only available on the Omada switch.

Unfortunately, this model is not a switch.

You can only set the PVID on the ports. By default, the VLAN you created on the ports are tagged by default except for the VLAN 1.

Please do not select unrelated tag for the topic. Thank you.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER7212PC
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A Hi, thank you for your answer.

I would like to explain my case: it is a network system for a hotel divided into 2 VLAN: one for guests and one for staff.

Since the AP have been installed inside the rooms, there is a concern that guests can disconnect them and connect directly with the cable to the LAN port.

The problem is that by setting the PVID on VLAN guests on ER7212PC port, if it sets the VLAN to Wi-Fi, it won’t work.

How can I set the ports on the guest VLAN without having problems with Wi-Fi?

Thanks.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Pas7o 

buy a switch and you can configure port profiles.

Options
2 weeks ago

@MR.S It's the only way. I understand.

And if I create a rule that controls the MAC address of each port?

Options

@Pas7o 

i'm not sure how to do it, you almost have to look in the documentation of Omada and try.

I would probably use vlan and not mac authentication,

for example
vlan 1 access points and switches
vlan 2 staff
vlan 3 guests.

Options
2 weeks ago

@MR.S I think I could do it with function Bandwitch controll?

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @Pas7o 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Pas7o wrote

@MR.S It's the only way. I understand.

And if I create a rule that controls the MAC address of each port?

Yes, but you can try it.

What I can think of is to set up the VLAN on the EAP-wall to a blackhole VLAN which is non-existent. So, they cannot use the port.

But looks like you have regular EAP. Or you should set up the VLAN accordingly and create the ACL to block them.

The best move for this is to use the switch we have, set up the MAC learning, and learn only one MAC address which is the MAC address of the EAP. But if they can copy the MAC address of the EAP, it still doesn't work.

All in all, ACL seems to be the thing once for all addressing the issue if you are worried about their access to your core networking devices.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A I want to take your advice and use ACL.
Can you advise me how, please?

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @Pas7o 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Pas7o wrote

@Clive_A I want to take your advice and use ACL.
Can you advise me how, please?

ACL should be designed based on your needs. You should set ACL up based on what you expect to achieve. You may refer to the User Guide which shows some examples. As well as the forum posts where other users post examples and common use cases.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 214

Replies: 9

Related Articles