Power Questions (C510W)

Power Questions (C510W)

Power Questions (C510W)
Power Questions (C510W)
2 weeks ago

Hi

I just purchased a C510W for my boat and have a few questions as follows:

1/ does this unit have a 180 day battery?  If not, is there a similar unit with a rechargeable battery?

2/ my boat has a 12v power system.  Is there an adapter plug that can go from the camera to a cigarette lighter style receptacle (12v). 

Please advise. 

thank you in advance

Tim

Options
1 Reply
Re:Power Questions (C510W)
a week ago

@TimH2024 

Hi,
The Tapo C510W is not a battery-powered camera, if you need a battery-powered camera, you can refer to the link to find a camera that meets your requirements.
Battery life of up to 180 days is based on our laboratory testing triggering 10-20 events per day. Actual battery life may vary based on device settings, use, and environmental factors.

It's hard to say if our cameras can be powered by a cigarette lighter style receptacle (12v). When powering on a camera in an unusual way, you need to consider many factors, such as the power adapter's input/output, the camera's input, camera power interface type (micro-USB, USB-C, DC Power Connector), etc.
For example, the Tapo C510W's power adapter spec as below, if you have a power cord that has the same size and can provide 12V/1A DC power to the camera, you can have a try, but we can't promise it will work fine with the camera.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 65

Replies: 1

Related Articles