Camera Alarm Function

Camera Alarm Function

Camera Alarm Function
Camera Alarm Function
a week ago - last edited Thursday

Can the alarm on Tapo cameras be used in conjunction with a Tapo T100 alarm with a hub? The internal hub alarm is too quiet to act as an alarm. The alarm on my external camera would be ideal!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Camera Alarm Function-Solution

@Blue-Jay 

Hi,
On the Tapo app>Smart tab, you can configure the Smart Action>Automation entry to let the camera play sound after the T100 detects motions if the camera supports the Play Sound action.

Below are the instructions to configure the Automation entry, and in the above-mentioned usage scenario:
the trigger is T100 detects motions, and the action is Tapo camera play sound.
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Camera Alarm Function-Solution

@Blue-Jay 

Hi,
On the Tapo app>Smart tab, you can configure the Smart Action>Automation entry to let the camera play sound after the T100 detects motions if the camera supports the Play Sound action.

Below are the instructions to configure the Automation entry, and in the above-mentioned usage scenario:
the trigger is T100 detects motions, and the action is Tapo camera play sound.
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Camera Alarm Function
a week ago

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the reply. Of my three cameras I can do that on my C500 for a duration of 30 seconds maximum. My C210 and C310 don't have that feature yet. Am I missing something?

Options
Re:Camera Alarm Function
Monday

@Blue-Jay 

Hi,
Different Tapo camera models may support different functions. Currently, Tapo C210 and Tapo C310 do not support Play Sound action. You can pay attention to the new firmware release of these two cameras, there is no information on which firmware version will support the Play Sound action, you can have a test after updating the firmware.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 69

Replies: 3

Related Articles