troubleshooting port forwarding on er7206

Wednesday - last edited Thursday
Tags: #NAT
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20240117 Rel.57421

My goal is to allow connections from the internet inbound ftp and sftp to a server on an internal network.

I believe I have the router configured properly to forward traffic.  From an internal IP address, I am able to connect to the ftp server.

From the internet I cannot.

As far as I can tell, the router seems to be allowing port 22 (for example) to be seen from the Internet.

But I never see the connection to the ftp server.  The ftp server is NOT running a firewall.

How can I troubleshoot this to see if the problem is that the ER7206 is not sending traffic correctly to the ftp server.

Is there some way I can see a log that shows me whether the router is blocking the incoming connection or not forwarding traffic to the server?

Options
5 Reply
Re:troubleshooting port forwarding on er7206
Thursday

Hi @LeadershipGeek 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Virtual Services(Port Forwarding) on the Router Doesn't Take Effect

If you can open 22 which means the port forwarding is working and effective, but not for other ports, so, refer to the guide above.

I assume ftp is considered as dangerous for your ISP? Or they don't allow you to host network drive stuff?

You should check this with your ISP.

To test that, you can set the external port to a different one like 2000, if that works, that means the port forwarding is effective anyway but your ISP seems to be behind this.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Thursday

@Clive_A my ISP does not block port 21 or 22

I don't understand why I'm not able to make the connection. 

Options
Thursday

Hi @LeadershipGeek 

LeadershipGeek wrote

@Clive_A my ISP does not block port 21 or 22

I don't understand why I'm not able to make the connection. 

I have given the steps and suggestions.

I don't have a comment before you feedback with the results.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Thursday

@Clive_A - I did try your recommendation, and it is not working.  I also provided evidence that my ISP is not blocking inbound port 22 also.

How can I further troubleshoot?

Options
Thursday

Hi @LeadershipGeek 

LeadershipGeek wrote

@Clive_A - I did try your recommendation, and it is not working.  I also provided evidence that my ISP is not blocking inbound port 22 also.

How can I further troubleshoot?

In the guide, it also asks for the local test. Please follow it up and provide the results in one reply. Or asking for each result one by one will only waste your time.

BTW, is this from a local device testing this port? PC(LAN)>WAN port? You probably run the port scan from the web.

Please mosaic your sensitive information. Here is a list of information considered sensitive:

1. Public IP address on your WAN if your WAN is.

2. Real MAC address of your device.

3. Your personal information including address, domain name, and credentials.

For troubleshooting purposes, when a WAN IP is needed, please leave some values visible for identification.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 85

Replies: 5

Tags

Related Articles