Communication between Vlans

2024-07-05 14:19:50 - last edited 2024-07-08 17:23:34
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.5

Hi,

I'm trying to get two VLANs to communicate with each other.

I created two Vlans:

VLAN1: Service, 192.168.1.0/24

VLAN2: Guest, 192.168.2.0/24.

To make them communicate I created two acl rules:

But this simply doesn't work.

I can't communicate between the two vlans.

Furthermore, could you tell me what the question mark before the name of the source or destination network identifies?

Where is my mistake?

Thank you,
Mauro

Options
3 Reply
Re:Communication between Vlans
2024-07-08 01:25:01 - last edited 2024-07-08 17:23:34

Hi @M4ur05P 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You can use the label to find out the configuration guide or search related keywords on our official website for configuration guide:

How to Set Up VLAN Interface on the Omada Router

As explained, it is by default pingable which means you don't have to configure any sort of ACLs. Unless you are not creating the VLAN interface but 802.1Q VLAN on your network. That does not work regardless of your ACL configurations.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-07-08 17:23:00

@Clive_A 

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The problem is that this does not happen, I created the acl rules after confirming that the devices do not respond to ping if in the other vlan.
Obviously I did all the tests, updated firmware and various reboots and resets. But it still does not communicate despite the acl rules.

Thanks, Mauro

Options
2024-07-09 01:00:16

Hi @M4ur05P 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

As for the topic which is troubleshooting, you probably should search for the keywords on the forum.

There's a guide about what would be the reason.

What If My Windows Computer Is Not Accessible or Pingable Over the VPN

The first one.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 187

Replies: 3

Related Articles