Just switched to EasyMesh from Deco

Yesterday
Model: Archer BE805  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20240318 rel.63271(5347)

Hello everyone! I recently just switched from Deco M5s to 2x Archer BE805 and managed to set up EasyMesh and it's ethernet backhauled, I do have one questions is why does the Satellite Router is still broadcasting it's SSID? Are there any ways I can disable this? or I can leave it be and this won't cause any interference. Thanks in advance!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Just switched to EasyMesh from Deco
22 hours ago - last edited 14 hours ago

@celos 

Upon successful Easymesh configuration the satellite router should broadcast the main router SSID - here's the guide for configuring.

In such a setup satellite device clones the wireless settings of the main router and it shouldn't broadcast any different SSID.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
15 hours ago

@terziyski i did exactly as the guide said, reset the device to factory but does it have to be connected literally directly to the Main's lan port or i can use the wall ethernet port which is connected to the main router?

Options
15 hours ago

@celos 

If the wall ethernet port goes to the main router then this shouldn't be an issue.

In the guide I posted, there's a screenshot where you should be able to see the satellite router wired.

That's in the section "How to confirm whether Ethernet Backhaul is working or not?"

If you see the satellite router in the satellite devices list then everything's OK.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
14 hours ago

@terziyski yes, its showing up in satellite devices, but not sure why it is still broadcasting it's own SSID though and how do i confirm it's also broadcasting the Main SSID? When I'm near it, my phone doesn't show up in the Satellite's connected devices.

Options
14 hours ago

@celos 

What do you mean by "still broadcasting its own SSID" and "my phone doesn't show up in the Satellite's connected devices".

You satellite router should broadcast the same SSIDs like your main router.

The wireless signal strength of the main router could be the reason for your phone to connect to it, when you're near the satellite router.

Post some screenshots for clarity on that matter.

Options