No connection to wireless network when linking to VLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-21 14:42:34 - last edited 2024-01-21 14:44:42
Model: ER7212PC   EAP613  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hello,

As mentioned I am running the 3-in-1 ER7212PC v.1.0, firmware 1.1.1 and the EAP613 v.1.0, firmware 1.4.3.

I have set up two LAN's (as interfaces) on VLAN 1 and 40. I have also set up two WIFI's which I would like ot link to said VLAN's. When I enable VLAN on the WIFI setup and point to either 1 or 40, I am no longer able to log into the WIFI. If I disable VLAN, I can log in just fine.

What might I be doing wrong...?

Thank you!

Options
9 Reply
Re:No connection to wireless network when linking to VLAN
2024-01-22 05:53:58

Hi @3660 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

How to implement unidirectional VLAN access through ACL configuration on the Omada Gateway in Controller mode

Instead of using the ACL, it introduces the config steps.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-02-04 15:48:25

@Clive_A Tank you for your input ;o)

However, it does not work... I still get the same result.

- Setting up LAN - Check

- Setting up ACL - Check

- Setting up WLAN (without VLAN) - Check when logging in from wifi device

- Enable VLAN on WLAN - No longer able to connect from wifi device

Options
2024-02-05 03:19:29

Hi @3660 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

3660 wrote

@Clive_A Tank you for your input ;o)

However, it does not work... I still get the same result.

- Setting up LAN - Check

- Setting up ACL - Check

- Setting up WLAN (without VLAN) - Check when logging in from wifi device

- Enable VLAN on WLAN - No longer able to connect from wifi device

It's been a week now. And there isn't any new information that is helpful to me to check. Can you draw a diagram and paste your screenshots for an illustration of your issue?

Would be great to get your screenshots checked and your issue reproduction by ping tests.

If you are unsure about the ping test, please read the KB.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-02-05 21:11:13

@Clive_A 

Setting up like so:

Logging into Kids wifi and testing:

Adding VLAN:

Now I can no longer log into Kids wifi.

Options
2024-02-20 20:16:12

Hi @Clive_A 

Any update on this?

Is there more I can do?

Thank you!

Options
2024-02-20 20:42:16

@3660 

And nothing is connected to one of this ports?

Options
2024-02-20 20:53:48 - last edited 2024-02-20 21:24:03

Hello @MR.S 

Yes on the LAN network

Which network the port is using is configured here:

Options
2024-02-20 21:25:47

@MR.S 

Screenshot somehow not uploading...

Options
2024-02-21 01:59:15

Hi @3660 

3660 wrote

@MR.S 

Screenshot somehow not uploading...

Think about why I did not reply to you. These are not helpful until this rely. I clearly and politely asked you for a diagram. That would be the key I need to tell if you have set it up or not.

You did not tell me where the EAP is connected.

Now, you are telling me port 5 is the EAP, is that correct?

Remove the PVID.

Please follow the guide on the official website. FAQ. Don't try anything you don't know and have the skill to fix.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3131

Replies: 9

Related Articles