2024-07-11 14:04:34 - last edited 2024-07-17 00:24:31
Model: TL-SG2428P Ā 
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.8

Omada deployed at home, with Windows controller 5.14.26.1 Build 20240621101130

[Router] ER707-M2 v1.0 <<1.2.2>>
[Switch 24 Port] TL-SG2428P v4.0 <<4.0.8>>
[Switch 8 Port] TL-SG2210P v3.20 <<3.20.10>>

We're having issues on MS Teams calls, spotty connections, dropped audio - that was the tell tale sign something was up.
I went into the controller... and noticed the SG24 switch and the SG22 keep cycling between provisioning and configuring. Once they settle, they get a new IP (typically +1 in the DHCP range)... despite being set to static IP. The config pages are blank, no port stats, you cant gain access to work on them.

* Rebooted the controller
* Upgraded the controller (it was on 5.14.20.1)
* Rebooted the switch and all hardware
* Force provision both

This started happening randomly about 72 hours ago... no changes, just complaints on MS Teams, everything else seems to function okay.

Any help? I'd love to get things stabilized and stop getting yelled at by the Mrs. I'm close to heading out and buying a Unifi solution šŸ˜„

Ā  0 Ā  Ā  Ā 
Ā  0 Ā  Ā  Ā 
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Switches constantly cycling PROVISIONING and CONFIGURING-Solution
2024-07-17 00:24:25 - last edited 2024-07-17 00:24:31

@Clive_A 

SOLVED!!!

So, the issue was:
SETTINGS > PROFILES > TIME RANGE 

While I was out on the west coast 2 months ago, I was playing around and created a new time range.... the default (or 9am - 5pm), due to my browser/OS being on PST and the controller being on EST. I think a conflict occurred.

This sat for weeks, until something? (unknown) happened and it triggered the constant provisioning/configuring to occur.

Support actually were able to review my config remotely and confirm that this item was the cause, as soon as I removed it. Boom! everything came online and went back to normal.

Insane, I would never have looked there in a million years.

Thanks again for all of your support and troubleshooting!!

Recommended Solution
Ā  1 Ā 
Ā  1 Ā 
Options
6 Reply
Re:Switches constantly cycling PROVISIONING and CONFIGURING
2024-07-12 01:27:49

Hi @Omada_11111 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Probably, you should yank the cables and get a single connection to check if it can stabilize.

Usually, it might be a problem with the IP or the loop.

The loop will cause the disconnection and which might lead to the cycling of the adoption and configuring.

If this does not go well, reset it, use a single connection to proceed with the adoption and see if it can stabilize.
if this stabilizes, then it works without any problems. Then you add cables back and monitor. If this happens after you plug all the cables back or a certain cable, you should check what's wrong.

Though the switch is capable of the STP which can stop the loop, this should be addressed anyway as it wastes a port.

Also, check your logs.

A Port Being Blocked Showing in Controller Log - "xyz's port Gi 1/0/X Was Blocked"

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update! ā˜›Download Beta Hereā˜š ā˜› ā˜… Configuration Guide ā˜… ā˜š ā˜› ā˜… Knowledge Base ā˜… ā˜š ā˜› ā˜… Troubleshooting Manual ā˜… ā˜š ā— Be kind and nice. ā— Stay on the topic. ā— Post details. ā— Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ā— Please don't take it for granted. ā— No email confidentiality should be violated. ā— S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Ā  1 Ā 
Ā  1 Ā 
Options
2024-07-14 01:42:26

@Clive_A 

Thanks for the reply, you're doing a better job than the support team!

So I went ahead and disconnected as many cables as possible (without losing connection myself), it was still playing games with me. I also swapped the DAC cable from the 24port switch to the router, over to a CAT6 cable into a seperate port. Nope. Same results.

I disconnected the 8Port switch, and it still kept cycling through provisioning and configuring on the 24 port when it was the only device connected.

The switches are both functional, they're not dropping connections. I just cant add any new config to them (to turn off STP) or see their port status. 

Internet is working.... our only problem, Microsoft Teams is unusable, and some streaming services seem to be crawling from time to time.

I restored a backup from Sunday night (it stopped working on Monday) to no avail. 

Also the below error keeps showing up - but yet I cant find any logs of this config thats being applied.

Ā  0 Ā 
Ā  0 Ā 
Options
2024-07-15 01:48:18

Hi @Omada_11111 

Omada_11111 wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks for the reply, you're doing a better job than the support team!

So I went ahead and disconnected as many cables as possible (without losing connection myself), it was still playing games with me. I also swapped the DAC cable from the 24port switch to the router, over to a CAT6 cable into a seperate port. Nope. Same results.

I disconnected the 8Port switch, and it still kept cycling through provisioning and configuring on the 24 port when it was the only device connected.

The switches are both functional, they're not dropping connections. I just cant add any new config to them (to turn off STP) or see their port status. 

Internet is working.... our only problem, Microsoft Teams is unusable, and some streaming services seem to be crawling from time to time.

I restored a backup from Sunday night (it stopped working on Monday) to no avail. 

Also the below error keeps showing up - but yet I cant find any logs of this config thats being applied.

Are you using the Software Controller? Version of it? Can you make sure it is on the latest version?

Can you take a screenshot of the log during it keeps provisioning and configuring?

If possible, I recommend you set up the STP and see if it can stay connected.

You may also try to reset the switches but don't reset the controller. Reset the switches, you can readopt them and apply the settings from the controller.

It's hard to tell without logs and running logs. For any sort of logs, we don't recommend you post them publicly. At least remove the MAC address if necessary.

Please mosaic your sensitive information. Here is a list of information considered sensitive:

1. Public IP address on your WAN if your WAN is.

2. Real MAC address of your device.

3. Your personal information including address, domain name, and credentials.

For troubleshooting purposes, when a WAN IP is needed, please leave some values visible for identification.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update! ā˜›Download Beta Hereā˜š ā˜› ā˜… Configuration Guide ā˜… ā˜š ā˜› ā˜… Knowledge Base ā˜… ā˜š ā˜› ā˜… Troubleshooting Manual ā˜… ā˜š ā— Be kind and nice. ā— Stay on the topic. ā— Post details. ā— Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ā— Please don't take it for granted. ā— No email confidentiality should be violated. ā— S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Ā  1 Ā 
Ā  1 Ā 
Options
2024-07-15 23:24:03

@Clive_A 

Big thanks again for all of your help.

I just factory reset both switches, only issue was once they were re-adopted, they came back up in the exact same state as before.... despite the constant provision/config notices, the switches restored all settings including port config, everything came back online. But the switches are still in this state.

I'm running a software controller, on Windows11. V5.14.26.1 which is the confirmed latest.

I've attached some log screenshots below when the provision/config continues to cycle.

Ā  0 Ā 
Ā  0 Ā 
Options
2024-07-16 06:22:53 - last edited 2024-07-16 06:23:07

Hi @Omada_11111 

Omada_11111 wrote

@Clive_A 

Big thanks again for all of your help.

I just factory reset both switches, only issue was once they were re-adopted, they came back up in the exact same state as before.... despite the constant provision/config notices, the switches restored all settings including port config, everything came back online. But the switches are still in this state.

I'm running a software controller, on Windows11. V5.14.26.1 which is the confirmed latest.

I've attached some log screenshots below when the provision/config continues to cycle.

Can you turn off the VLAN interface on both switches? I am not sure if they are enabled for a purpose. Do not enable the rest of them except for the default VLAN.

About the default VLAN interface on the switch, set it to DHCP first. I see that the IP you've set for it is different from the IP displayed in the Devices.

The rest of the configs look good to me. I'd suggest doing as told first. VLAN does not look like wrong.

Ā  1 Ā 
Ā  1 Ā 
Options
Re:Switches constantly cycling PROVISIONING and CONFIGURING-Solution
2024-07-17 00:24:25 - last edited 2024-07-17 00:24:31

@Clive_A 

SOLVED!!!

So, the issue was:
SETTINGS > PROFILES > TIME RANGE 

While I was out on the west coast 2 months ago, I was playing around and created a new time range.... the default (or 9am - 5pm), due to my browser/OS being on PST and the controller being on EST. I think a conflict occurred.

This sat for weeks, until something? (unknown) happened and it triggered the constant provisioning/configuring to occur.

Support actually were able to review my config remotely and confirm that this item was the cause, as soon as I removed it. Boom! everything came online and went back to normal.

Insane, I would never have looked there in a million years.

Thanks again for all of your support and troubleshooting!!

Recommended Solution
Ā  1 Ā 
Ā  1 Ā 
Options