Unable to switch back to non-static DNS settings on TD-W8960N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-17 01:11:14
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

In trying to diagnose a problem with a client's router, I changed the DNS settings from using ppp0 to a static DNS entry using Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 servers. Worked okay but as this was a test, I wanted to put it back to ppp0 (as the change didn't fix the original problem). However, I was unable to achieve this. I highlighted "ppp0" top left and used "->" to move it to the right. When I tried to save, it complained about there not been an interface selected or static IP addresses. I tried almost every combination but was unable to get it work. In the end I had to factory reset to get rid of it which is hardly ideal! I was running out of time so didn't take a screenshot and I certainly wasn't going to try repeating it again.
File:
DNS static.pngDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to switch back to non-static DNS settings on TD-W8960N
2017-10-17 20:32:43
What's the firmware version and hardware of your modem router ? After the factory reset and reconfigure, are you able to get online?
Since the connection type is PPPOE, you can set the modem on bridge mode(just in factory default settings), then set up the PPPOE on the PC directly to check the connection.
Options
Re:Unable to switch back to non-static DNS settings on TD-W8960N
2017-10-23 16:15:18
Factory reset does, of course, get rid of this. It appears that the way to fix bugs in the software for this router is "Factory reset" which isn't ideal.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 653

Replies: 2

Related Articles