Hidden network / O/off switch Onemesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-19 16:06:00 - last edited 2021-09-23 09:05:05
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200918 rel.67850

Kevin_Z wrote a couple of times this year: The good news is that we already have the plan to add an Onemesh on/off switch on the firmware, which will allow you to turn it off manually. This will take some time.........

Hi Kevin_Z:

I have a TP-Link router Archer C2300 v2.0. I also see a hidden network. It must be, I think, destinated for Onemeh. But I don't use Onemesh and I have no plans to do so. So I hope the on/off switch will come very soon, maybe this week ?? I should be very glad.

I installed on 14 November last week firmware 1.1.1 Build 20200918 rel.67850. Is this firmware correct for the Archer C2300 ? Why do I ask ? Because on the site op TP-Link the firmware is not mentioned (yet ?).

I look forward to your reactions.

Greetings, Pieter75

By the way, I also asked these questions about an hour ago in a reply, but I saw later the possibility to make a new thread, so I made one (this one !).

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Hidden network / On/off switch Onemesh-Solution
2021-09-23 09:04:57 - last edited 2021-09-23 09:05:05

@Merida 

We explained what is the hidden network in the story here, and we have another thread providing a solution to disable it if you require to do so. However, there is still no updated news whether or when there will be a new firmware for the Archer C2300 to disable the Onemesh hidden network, it's suggested to keep an eye on the thread we created, we will update it once there is a new firmware for that:

[Solution] Disable Onemesh Hidden network

Recommended Solution
Options
22 Reply
Re:Hidden network / O/off switch Onemesh
2020-11-20 06:10:49

@Pieter75 

Hello, I have replied you in the below thread, please check it:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/218778

"Hello, thanks for bringing this up again.

Yes, this 1.1.1 Build 20200918 rel. 67850 is the latest firmware for the C2300(EU) 2.0, so no worries, it will be published on the local website soon, please check it later.

BTW, the C2300 doesn't support Onemesh actually, so I am wandering is that hidden network belongs to it? You may check if you have enabled the Guest Network on it, and it is suggested to confirm as well if that is actually others' network.

Thanks."

Options
Re:Hidden network / On/off switch Onemesh
2020-11-20 14:47:26

@Kevin_Z  

Hi Kevin, thank you for your quick answers.

In my opnion the C2300 supports Onemesh. 

Enclosed you see a screenshot of the firmware-update of 2020-08-14 which includes Onemesh.

And also screenshots of the Basic- and Advanced-config of the C2300; they all include OneMesh.

So, can you add, please as soon as possible, an on/off-switch for Onemesh.

I want to switch off Onemesh, because I want to minimize the wifi-radiation in my house and I don't use Onemesh. 

BTW, I have seen, that when I change for example the channell or the bandwidth, soon after that the hidden network has the same bandwidth and channell.

Also the MAC-address of the hidden network is almost the same; only 1 or 2 symbols are different.

I activated, as you suggested, the Guest network, but nothing changed. The hidden network remained and did not change.

I hope you can give me and others the solution for this problem. Preferably next week smiley.

Greetings

BTW: the check in the picture at the left can not be uncheked.

Options
2020-11-23 01:33:20

@Pieter75 

Hello, thank you so much for the detailed explanation and screenshot, I'm sorry for my previous reply that I didn't realize C2300 supports Onemesh already, we will soon check and confirm when we will add the Onemesh ON/OFF switch.

Options
2020-11-23 10:16:40

Kevin_Z wrote

@Pieter75 

Hello, thank you so much for the detailed explanation and screenshot, I'm sorry for my previous reply that I didn't realize C2300 supports Onemesh already, we will soon check and confirm when we will add the Onemesh ON/OFF switch.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks again for your quick response.

Can you tell me when exactly the on/off-switch comes on ?

If it takes a long time, then it has to go back to the seller, as I don't want to use the router with the onemesh-network.

And I only have 1 week to return my C2300 !

Hope you can post a positive outlook as soon as possible, please.

Greetings

Options
2020-11-23 11:11:38

@Pieter75 

Hello, thanks for getting back. Sorry that I don't think we can release a new firmware to disable the Onemesh on the C2300 in a week, so I think you may contact your seller to return it.

Before that, you may check if you can downgrade to the previous version without Onemesh to give it a go.

Options
2020-11-23 17:18:21

Kevin_Z wrote

@Pieter75 

Hello, thanks for getting back. Sorry that I don't think we can release a new firmware to disable the Onemesh on the C2300 in a week, so I think you may contact your seller to return it.

Before that, you may check if you can downgrade to the previous version without Onemesh to give it a go.

Hi @Kevin_Z 

Too bad you can't say when the firmware can come.

Will you be so kind to post if it is available.

Then maybe I can install the on/off-switch yet in time.

Because I think it's a shame if I have to return the C2300.

I greatly appreciate your cooperation.

Regards.

BTW, downgrading of the router settings worked, but the firmware with Onemesh remained........

Options
2020-11-24 01:59:43

@Pieter75 

Hello, thanks for getting back.

Do you mean downgrading the firmware back to the previous version, you still have the hidden Wi-Fi network on the C2300? Which firmware were you downgrading to? Can I have the version and download link? Ensure you downgraded to the version that doesn't have Onemesh.

As for the new firmware that supports disable the Onemesh option, we are sorry that we cannot give you an ETA, while you can keep an eye on the official website in case there is one:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c2300/#Firmware

Options
2020-11-24 12:01:48

Kevin_Z wrote

@Pieter75 

Hello, thanks for getting back.

Do you mean downgrading the firmware back to the previous version, you still have the hidden Wi-Fi network on the C2300? Which firmware were you downgrading to? Can I have the version and download link? Ensure you downgraded to the version that doesn't have Onemesh.

As for the new firmware that supports disable the Onemesh option, we are sorry that we cannot give you an ETA, while you can keep an eye on the official website in case there is one:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c2300/#Firmware

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your comment.

I meant I reset the router settings to factory defaults. I was hoping that the firmware would be reverted to the state on the purchase date. But that did not happen.

Back then build 20200918 was not on it. 

I have a bad experience with restoring a previous firmware on a device. I did that once and the device was immediately a brick ! So I dare not do that with teh C2300.

Unfortunately, the C2300 is going back. As it is now, it is useless to me.

I will now look for a router that can be adjusted to the wishes of the customer. 

It's a shame, but there is nothing to do about.

Thank you for all the effort !

Regards

Options
Re:Hidden network / O/off switch Onemesh
2020-11-24 20:26:57

when tp-link is going to release the firmware which has Onemesh on/off switch so the hidden network can be turned off ? i have Archer vr2100

Options
2020-11-25 05:49:47

@Pieter75 

Sorry to know that you have returned the router, while we appreciate your time and update, thank you for your patience and support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3782

Replies: 22