Modem ADSL/VDSL UK standards are compatible in other countries?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-24 19:40:41
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Anybody know id Modem ADSL/VDSL in UK standards are compatible in other countries?
I understand that in Germany/Austria is different and AVM makes modem/routers for the international market.
Being interested in TP-Link modems in the UK, I'm not sure that could work as the "international" version of AVM.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Modem ADSL/VDSL UK standards are compatible in other countries?
2017-12-25 09:04:10
There are two root Annex type in VDSL technology, Annex A and Annex B

It seems TPLink in Germany sell VDSL Annex B modem while they also sell normal VDSL Annex A modem which is the same as UK version. But in UK there are only Annex A modems

You could find those at and
Options
2017-12-25 18:19:37
Thanks for your answer. I'm living in Israel which uses Annex A, and I do not see all TP-Link models as they are marketed in the UK, the modes in Israel are VR400 and VR600, but in the UK there are newer and better models and I'm wondering if I could have any problem buying there with Annex A through amazon.co.uk in case there is any specific difference in the VDSL2+ in the UK with the standard international with Annex A as it is in Israel
Options
2017-12-26 09:23:44
So do you want a Archer VR900 or the Archer VR2800, whichi i think is the most expensive one from Amazon UK? I think that could work with Annex A in Israel.

But maybe you need to check the warranties about the Both the TPLink UK and Amazon UK.
Options
2017-12-28 05:57:58
Thanks Alec our answer. Regarding the warranties in case I buy I'll take the chance to not be able to use it. But might be my opportunity to upgrade to a better modem/router than the VR600 which is sold in Israel.
Anyhow, I cabled all my house with CAT7 (future proof only), and for the moment I put some access points in places where the WiFi is week, so I'm still not sure if it is a good idea to go for a better modem or take the VR600 with the local warranty and live in peace.
The only reason to get a better modem is to be able to hold changes in the wifi devices I'll have in the near future, I use desktop PCs wired to 1000GEth switches, so I do not see a strong reason for the actual moment, but in the future.
What would you do in my situation Alec?
Options
2017-12-29 09:36:43
That depends on you, jrzezak. It is just a explain that a high-end router will give you a better experience but also with a higher cost and other worry.

But of course the experience and a higher speed is much important than the warranties worry. You are right jrzezak.

Well, if you have a big house and can not stand the weak WiFi somewhere, how about the new mesh routers such as NetGare Orbi or TPlink Deco? Several same router, only one network system, big Wifi range and speed, seamless roaming, all seems great. I know it recently, but it sounds great
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1231

Replies: 5

Related Articles