AC1600 Wireless Gigabit VDSL/ADSL Modem Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-30 18:53:18 - last edited 2019-05-31 01:47:03
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: not sure

I have been using this router on plusnet and the wifi is fantastic.I have switched to NOWTV standard broadband, can anbody advise me how to set it up as the wifi on the now tv 2hub is rubbish.

Thank You 

Options
5 Reply
Re:AC1600 Wireless Gigabit VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
2019-05-31 01:49:57

Hi,

What kind of internet connection provided by new ISP? It is phone line/DSL line or ethernet cable?

If it is the DSL line, connect it to the DSL port and configure it with the username/password given.

While if it is the ethernet cable, connect it to the LAN4/WAN port and change the operation mode to wireless router mode and continue to configure it. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:AC1600 Wireless Gigabit VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
2019-05-31 19:55:25

Thank you for taking the time to reply. The internet is supplied by phone line  some people are saying i have to get the username and password off the new nowtv hub by usining wirshark. also need to input lan macode. the username and password  on the sticker is not the one to use. i am going to try what you advised will be offline while trying it.

Options
Re:Re:AC1600 Wireless Gigabit VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
2019-05-31 20:39:43

The username and password provided is for wireless only

Options
Re:Re:Re:AC1600 Wireless Gigabit VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
2019-06-01 02:46:41

Hi,

The username and password on the sticker are the login/wifi userid and password.

What is the current light status of the VR600? Cause it is phone line connected, please ensure that the DSL light and internet leds are on. 

If not, contact new provider to get the configuration parameters and login to the web UI to configure it. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:AC1600 Wireless Gigabit VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
2019-06-04 14:21:00

Sorted the isp does not support any other routers only thiers. You have to use wireshark to extract the username and password. If you are on standard broadband NOT FIBRE use sky adsl as your isp in the  tp lnk router .Once i got the information worked straight away. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1140

Replies: 5

Related Articles