Changing Wireless Channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Changing Wireless Channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Changing Wireless Channel
2018-11-04 03:29:04
ok, in case TP-Link is ignoring us because they see no proof in the "lab" setting... here are some real world readings... in the following readings, my network is the "DavesPlace" SSID... currently running 4 Deco M5s...

this is 2.4GHz @ the front of my house

this is 5GHz @ the front of my house

this is 5GHz @ the back of my house

this is 2.4GHz @ the back of my house

as you can see, I'm surrounded by signals on many channels... at the current moment, my TP-Link Deco M5s are not on the clearest channel... as you can see on the 2.4GHz readings, my Decos are on the busiest channels... now, granted, 2.4GHz with only 14 channels makes it tight either way, but at least it should be on the least congested... as you can see on the 5GHz readings, my Decos are on a congested channel and noticing the available bands at the top of screen, there are plenty of open channels... this is a disgrace if you think your software is choosing the best channel... I'd really take another look at the code that selects the channels...

because of the lack of channel control from TP-Link on the Deco M5s, I am having to use 4 Decos in a 1200sqft home / 5500sqft property with apartments on 3 sides and an elementary school across the street... myself and others in this situation are in need of proper help and support from TP-Link... we need channel control, or fix your firmware to pick the clearest channel...
Options
Re:Re:Changing Wireless Channel
2019-01-25 21:13:43

I'm in the same boat. I have a baby monitor on the 2.4 spectrum that will not connect when the Deco is operational. Very surprised that we can't change the channel yet. TP-Link, can you please open this setting up to us?

Options
2019-12-13 19:38:43

@HiTechRedNeck Were you ever able to figure out how to change their channels?

Options
Re:Changing Wireless Channel-Solution
2019-12-16 08:24:52 - last edited 2020-09-15 09:51:30
Recommended Solution
Options
2020-02-03 16:27:25
Would love to have an update for the Deco X60 as I have exactly the same issue. Crowded lower 5G band always chosen and completely free upper that never is. 2.4 also centered on top of the busiest channels (less critical though)
Options
Related Articles