Connection 2 DECO to the same router ?? -- Conexion 2 DECO a un mismo roter??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-13 02:57:20
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hola queria consultar si es posible conectar 2 DECO a los puertos LAN del mismo router, es decir, ahora tengo un DECO a un puerto LAN del router, y quiero saber si para poner el segundo DECO en lugar de enlazarlos por wifi entre ellos, puedo ponerlo en otro puerto LAN del router?, ¿o eso crea 2 DECO principales y por lo tanto 2 redes wifi distintas?.
Gracias.

=======================================================================================================================================

Hello I wanted to ask if it is possible to connect 2 DECO to the LAN ports of the same router, that is, I now have a DECO to a LAN port of the router, and I want to know if to put the second DECO instead of linking them via wifi between them, I can put it in another LAN port of the router ?, or that creates 2 main DECO and therefore 2 different wifi networks ?.
Thank you.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection 2 DECO to the same router ?? -- Conexion 2 DECO a un mismo roter??
2018-04-17 06:53:54
Yes but you only want to run one router, preferably the Deco. Otherwise you run the Decos in AP (access Point) and lose some of its features. What is your original router? Thats important to know here.
Options
Re:Connection 2 DECO to the same router ?? -- Conexion 2 DECO a un mismo roter??
2019-12-20 15:26:26
I am interested in your reply. I just purchased a AC1200 2 unit pack. I am considering connecting both units to my internet provider's existing WIFI router. Meaning the internet is coming into my provider's router that has WIFI on, and I will have a cable from this router to the first AC1200 (main one with 2 ports, and a second cable from the provider's router to the secondary AC1200. Will this work? I surmise yes, but I will lose mesh capability? What if I connect a switch between them? Meaning provider's WIFI router to switch, switch to each AC1200?
Options