TD-W9970 V2 Connectivity issues.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-27 12:07:30

I am having connectivity problems on my TD-W9970 V2 modem / router, the internet connection works normally when there are no wireless clients connected, but if there is a wireless client connected, even though it is only using only a fraction of the internet bandwidth , the Internet became unstable for everyone, both ethernet and wireless clients.

For example, in my case, I use an ADSL connection of 15 mpbs Down and 1mpbs UP, under normal conditions the speeds measured stay between those 15/1 with approximately 35 of Ping and 1 Jitter. When the reported problem occurs, the velocity drops to approximately 7/0.6 with 138 of Ping and 12 Jitter.

Options
5 Reply
Re:TD-W9970 V2 Connectivity issues.
2018-12-29 08:43:25
How did you test the speed? Go to speedtest.net, I have serveral times the speedtest is incorrect, but if I download the speedtest software, it can give me the correct speed,. make sure only one device connect to the Wi-FI and no internet action, and then test the speed.
Options
2019-04-24 19:33:05

Sorry for the delay but in these months I've been monitoring the problem but I still can not identify what might be causing it.

The initial problem persists and another thing I forgot to report is that when I am downloading a "torrent file" on a secondary machine, connected by cable, the connection on the primary machine is unstable and it is impossible to even surf the internet. Even if the torrent download is only using a part of the bandwidth and with few connections.

Can someone help me with these problems?

Options
2019-09-13 06:56:13

@FabricioHM i have the same problem .. just come her for this

Options
2020-11-20 09:59:31

@FabricioHM I too am experiencing this issue.

Furthermore, and I'm mindful that the support guys might point to this as proof that it's not the router's problem; prior to installing my TD-W9970 I had just upgraded to fibre and was issued a BT smart hub (provided by Orange which is the same company in the UK). I had dreadful connectivity issues, much like those described in this thread, and has several engineer call outs which did not resolve the problem.

I replaced the BT router with the TD-W9970 and the problem went away, but has crept back over time.

I have one thing to add however, and this could be coincidental but ....

I bought a new mobile phone since installing the TD-W7770 and the problem went away for a few days - on the new device - but has since re-occurred (on the new device).

I am completely mystified, and not far away from replacing the router with something else in desperation - perhaps re-installing the BT Smart Hub.

Is there a way to escalate this thread to tp-link support? Do they review these issues?

Options
2020-11-24 11:28:51

@TSL-Ben 

Hello, sorry that we didn't respond this timely and sorry to hear that you encounter the same issue again.

Is your ISP Orange and how much bandwidth you got from them? You may check this by connecting only one device to the W9970 with an Ethernet cable, then run the speedtest app.

How many devices are connected to the modem, wired and wirelessly? What if you reduce some clients, will the connection be more stable?

When you encounter the issue that the connection may drop or with high ping, can you please show us the ping test result? Please also confirm it is a wired device or wireless one.

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2184

Replies: 5