Extender does not show a network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-04 19:49:34 - last edited 2021-06-15 08:18:02

Hi. I reset my wifi extender and now it does not link to a network. I turned it on and off several times. I restarted my router, but nothing.

Any suggestions?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Extender does not show a network-Solution
2021-06-12 13:43:19 - last edited 2021-06-15 08:18:02

I'm not sure if this question is still active.

I had the same problem. After much searching I found that if I reset the extender (directions are in the quick installation guide) that my extender then once again showed up on my home network. From then on I was able to use Method ONE to reconnect my device.

My problem originated with the fact that I changed the name and password for my router due to weak security.

The method to reset or in this case restore is listed under 

Q2. How do I restore the extender to its factory default settings?

. With the extender powered on, use a pin to press and hold the Reset button until all the LEDs turn on momentarily, and then release the button.

I suppose the other option is to contact TP Link support, which I did not do, at:

http://www.tp-link.com/support

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Extender does not show a network
2019-01-05 08:43:27

I'm having this same issue on Tl-Wa750RE. Someone should assist please

Options
2019-01-08 09:50:22

Hi,

You may refer to this troubleshooting guide 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2234.html

Hope it helps.

Options
Re:Extender does not show a network-Solution
2021-06-12 13:43:19 - last edited 2021-06-15 08:18:02

I'm not sure if this question is still active.

I had the same problem. After much searching I found that if I reset the extender (directions are in the quick installation guide) that my extender then once again showed up on my home network. From then on I was able to use Method ONE to reconnect my device.

My problem originated with the fact that I changed the name and password for my router due to weak security.

The method to reset or in this case restore is listed under 

Q2. How do I restore the extender to its factory default settings?

. With the extender powered on, use a pin to press and hold the Reset button until all the LEDs turn on momentarily, and then release the button.

I suppose the other option is to contact TP Link support, which I did not do, at:

http://www.tp-link.com/support

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-06-15 08:19:10

@KingFish Thanks for sharing~

Options

Information

Helpful: 10

Views: 29129

Replies: 4

Related Articles