Cannot login to the Kasa app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-16 21:57:51 - last edited 2021-03-23 06:03:56

I got myself a Smart Wi-Fi plug slim over the holidays.
Installed the app and did the setup, link to my Google Assistant and all was well.

At one point it stopped working, Google Assistant wouldn't connect to the plug.

I tried login in to the app but wouldn't accept my password anymore.

I did reset my password multiple times but to no avail.

I get "Connexion failed. Try again later." message.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but no matter what, the app won't connect.

Anyone has any idea what is going on?

Thanks.

Options
10 Reply
Re:Cannot login to the Kasa app
2019-01-17 09:21:25 - last edited 2021-03-23 06:03:56

Hi,

You cannot log in Kasa app or the Google assistant App?

If you cannot login google App any more, it may have something to do with your google account. May contact google to get some advice.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1765.html

Options
Re:Re:Cannot login to the Kasa app
2019-01-17 17:54:08 - last edited 2021-03-23 06:03:56

Hi Kevin,

I cannot login to the Kasa app.

Google Assistant is fine, I control all my smart lighting from it without a glitch.

I have setup a routine so my lamp plugged into TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi plug would come on at a specific time.

It was working well initially.

A week or two ago, it stop working, Google Assistant telling me it could no longer connect to the plug.

That is when I went to the Kasa app to check what was wrong but couldn't login anymore, getting the "Connection failed. Please try again later" message, from the Kasa app.

I have a Google Pixel 2 XL, connected to my home Wi-Fi.

All is working well at this end, I connect to the web, my Google Home and all my other smart devices.

I have reset my Kasa app password multiple times thru the "Forgot my password" link within the Kasa app login screen and uninstall/reinstall the app but to no avail.

The connection failed message appears as soon as I hit the connection button.

It feels like it's not even trying to connect, failing even before attempting a connection.

Maybe there is a bug with my account but I dont know where to go to delete it and start again.

I tried re-registering but obviously, it tells me my email address is already being used.

So, as you can gather, my problem is with the Kasa app, not with my Google account.

Thanks.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Cannot login to the Kasa app
2019-01-18 07:47:20 - last edited 2021-03-23 06:03:56

Hi,

Could you share the screenshot of the error message?

What's the Wi-Fi LED status on the plug? If it's not solid green/blue, you may reset it by pusing the button for 10 seconds.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Cannot login to the Kasa app
2019-01-18 08:37:12 - last edited 2021-03-23 06:03:56

Hi,

the led on the plug is solid blue, as you can see in the picture below.

Here is the screenshot of the error message (my phone is set in French but you should be able to figure out the message)

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Cannot login to the Kasa app
2019-01-24 08:20:54 - last edited 2021-03-23 06:03:56
Hello??? Kevin? Any idea to help me out here?
Options
2019-01-24 09:59:49 - last edited 2021-03-23 06:03:56

Hi, 

When you try to log into the kasa app, please make sure your phone have internet access. You can use wifi network and the 4G network to have a test.

And for the kasa app, please make sure you have enabled the Wi-Fi and Cellular data permission on your phone's settings page.

Options
2019-01-24 17:35:59 - last edited 2021-03-23 06:03:56

Hi Kevin,

my phone is properly setup for wifi and 4G, I browse the web, play games, send and receive SMS, etc...
As mentionned earlier, I access my Alexa and my Google home without a problem.
It was working for a time, I haven't change anything in the settings of my phone (Pixel 2 XL)
Even my Google Home cannot access the plug anymore.

When I try to recreate my account, the app tells me my email address is alreday in use so I have to assume the connection works for it to verify my email address.
I would like to try to delete my account from the app and recreate my account but I don't know where to go to cancel my account for the app.

Thanks.

Options
2019-01-25 09:25:55 - last edited 2021-03-23 06:03:56

Form the error information, it's should not be the account problem. On your phone, please go to the settings page, find the kasa app, then please make sure the Wi-Fi and Cellular data permission for the kasa app are enabled.

And you can go to the www.tplinkcloud.com to check whether you can login your cloud account, if not, try to reset the password via the website, and check whether it will working.

Options
2019-01-25 14:49:17 - last edited 2021-03-23 06:03:56

Hi Kevin,

It seems to be working now.
I logged in to www.tplinkcloud.com and then to the app and it worked.
I did check the permissions of the app and all was set properly. I didn't do any modification of the permissions.

Though, when I try to login to my account at www.tplinkcloud.com. I noticed I had a password problem.

I am using the password manager LastPass and there seems to have been some confusion with the password, possibly due to all my trying to reset my password before.

Anyways, it seems to be working properly now.

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Cannot login to the Kasa app
2019-01-29 11:14:58 - last edited 2021-03-23 06:03:56
Thank you for your information. Enjoy your inetrnet~
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 8412

Replies: 10

Related Articles