Please help: bandwidth qos Guests network doesn't wotk on Archer VR400

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-16 14:15:27
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I configured 2 guest network on my Archer vr400 and I want to limit the bandwidth of devices connected on it.

I enbled the QoS, 1Mb upload and 20Mbts in download as max bandwidth and in advanced option, low-priority is set at 10%.

In Guest network I enabled QoS giving low priority.

I tested the internet speed with speedtest online, but there is no bandwith limit applied by the router: if I launch the speed test from the main wifi network or from the guest network, there is no difference.

I tested also on more devices.

Is it a bug? Or somebody can help me please?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Please help: bandwidth qos Guests network doesn't wotk on Archer VR400
2019-02-19 07:28:12

It is suggested to enable the Qos and enter the actual upload speed and download speed you can get from your internet service provider.

Then setup QoS as high priority for the main network and then you can connect 2 devices to the main network and gues network separately to test the speed. 

May it work. 

Options
Re:Please help: bandwidth qos Guests network doesn't wotk on Archer VR400
2021-04-21 12:52:10

@DrIce 

Hi I have purchased Archer VR400 last week, Now I tested QoS. 

Enabled QoS, with or without adding scanned devices to priority lists, it shares network bandwidth to all connected devices, if there are 5 devices connected same time, 25/5 Mbps = 5Mbps foreach device.

By using QoS, My goal ise that; added normal wifi SSID to High Priority and marked it as %80, and and Guest Wifi SSID to Low Priority and markes as %10.

But in real, all devices connected to both SSIDs share equal speeds.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2179

Replies: 2

Related Articles