Kasa App Missing Remote Control Option

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-03 19:53:21
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

I set up a Smart Wi-Fi Plug in my Kasa app.  I wanted to pair it with Alexa, so I went to Device > Settings (cog) > Device Info, but there isn't an option to turn on Remote Control.  It works locally - through the app.

Is there a fix to this issue?

Thanks!

BobbyK

Options
5 Reply
Re:Kasa App Missing Remote Control Option
2019-03-04 08:25:44

Hi, Bobby, for your information, to the current kasa app, the remote control will be hidden by default with it enabled successfully, while it will be there once it failed to be enabled. 

So back to your case, we wanna know check some details as below:

1. The Mac address of the HS100.

2. With your phone connected to other wifi or used cellular data, can you control it?

3. The TP-Link ID. 

Thanks in advance. Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Kasa App Missing Remote Control Option
2019-03-05 00:39:22 - last edited 2019-03-05 00:40:05

Thanks for the reply Kevin. I only have one lamp set up with the smart plugin and the initial setup went fine. I can turn on and off the lamp through the app.

1. The MAC address is B0:45:26:20:59:8B

2. I cannot control it with cellular data.

3. What do you mean by TP-Link ID? My email I signed up with?

Thanks

Bobby

Options
Re:Re:Re:Kasa App Missing Remote Control Option
2019-03-05 00:41:39

Ok, I found that my ID is my email address - https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1439.html

bobbybeth17@gmail.com

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Kasa App Missing Remote Control Option
2019-03-05 10:35:56

Hello, Bobby, we checked the status of the HS110 at our end with your cloud account, while it shows online; that means it is bound to cloud and works well.

It is suggested to connect your smart phone to another external wifi network and check whether you can manage it remotely.

Besides, you can change another smart phone to do a comparison analysis as well.

Any updates, just let us know. 

Options
Re:Kasa App Missing Remote Control Option
2019-03-06 22:26:17

Bobby,

I had the same problem on two of mine. I was able to do a firmware upgrade on them in then after that remote control was restored. Maybe that will help for you.

There is a spot on the app for initiating the firmware update.

Or maybe they just needed power cycling.

Good luck.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1821

Replies: 5

Related Articles