Just got my Archer A6 but can't connect internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-09 07:45:17
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1

Hi all, I'm from Malaysia. I'm using Maxis Fibre with TM modem now, and due to existing router C5v wifi coverage not that stable inside my house, so I decided to buy new 1 which is TP-Link Archer A6. It is written compatible with the internet I subscribed now.

I thought it was simple as the guidesheet, unfortunately it's not. I called Maxis and got my PPPOE password which they also use it to setup during installation. I keyed in to Archer A6 web interface and connect. No IP Address coming out, it is still unable to connect to internet.

Anyone know why and how can I resolve? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Just got my Archer A6 but can't connect internet
2019-03-11 05:27:05

Hi,

as far as I know, Maxis requires VLAN for internet access; so after you configured it with the PPPoE parameters, it is suggested to enable IPTV function and then check whether it works. 

How to do that, you can refer to: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1538.html

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-12-24 13:45:23

@Kevin_Z 

I have the exact same problem 

Already setup vlan id and stuffs 

Maxis 30mb 

Options
2019-12-25 02:45:05

@Kim0913 

What is the led status of the Archer A6? 

Please login to the web UI of the Archer A6 and show us a picture of the advanced-status page.

Besides, with computer connected to the modem directly and setup the broadband connection on computer, can it get internet? 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/921/

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2070

Replies: 3