connect to sky q box?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

connect to sky q box?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
connect to sky q box?
connect to sky q box?
2019-03-10 18:48:37 - last edited 2019-03-11 06:15:08

Just replaced my sky fibre Max sky hub with a new tplink ac2800. It connects brilliantly to all my devices,  but it will not connect to my sky q TV box unless I use Ethernet cable!  I can see no option to find the new home network in the sky box settings,  it only says sky q bb with sky router,  bb from other provider or Ethernet connection.  I tried the first and the second options but the box does not see the new router at all,  even though it's name is broadcast!  also tried the wps buttons on router and sky....  Both flash as broadcasting but do not link.  Anyone know how to conne

Options
1 Reply
Re:connect to sky q box?
2019-03-11 06:14:54 - last edited 2019-03-11 06:15:08

Hello,

what is the model number of the AC2800?

Cause other devices work properly except the sky q TV box, we can do some troubleshooting.

First, it is suggested to change some wireless settings of the ac2800, including wireless channel and channel width. 

Note: For 2.4GHz, you can use channel 1, 6 and 11; channel width as 20MHz; for 5GHz, try to use channel 36. 40 or 44, channel width as 40MHz.

After that, please check whether the sky Q TV box can detect the wireless network names. 

Besides, can it recognize other wireless networks? 

Meanwhile, you can contact the tech support of the sky q TV box to get some specific answer at their end cause they are more professional about their products. 

Good luck for you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1952

Replies: 1

Related Articles