How to connect VR600V to Aussie Broadband FTTC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-11 01:16:44 - last edited 2019-03-11 06:35:15
Model: Archer VR600v  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Archer VR600v(EU)_V2_170814

Hi, 

I have just got my NBN up with Aussie broadband using FTTC, which the technician said I just have to plug the LAN cable to my router, then I would be able to connect to the Internet.

Unfortunately, it didnt happened. I tried to change the router operation mode to just router (Not DSL router) but still a no go. I was using the default settings on the router.

I also did plug the LAN cable directly from the modem to my computer, which I can get access to the Internet, so I think is not about the NBN connection.

Could anyone please teach me how should I modify the settings so to make it right?

thank you very much

Kenon

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to connect VR600V to Aussie Broadband FTTC
2019-03-11 06:40:23

Hello,

who is your internet service provider? 

With the LAN cable from the modem to the router, please check the IP address/default gateway obtained by your computer, instruction as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-838.html

Note: please show us the status-details page.

Then please connect the modem to the WAN port of VR600V, computer to the LAN port.

Afrer that, please login to the web page of VR600v, ensure that the operation mode is wireless router mode and go to network - internet page to clone the computer's mac address and hit save.

Finally, please check whether you can access internet from the router. 

Any updates, just let us know.

Good luck. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2611

Replies: 1