Can't access internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't access internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Can't access internet
Can't access internet
2019-03-13 10:48:38 - last edited 2019-03-13 12:22:57
Model: TL-MR3420  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 171208 Rel.60993n

I have just bought an Airtel dongle CE0700 modelMF833T in Bengaluru. It works perfectly to give me internet access when plugged into my laptop, so I know there's nothing wrong with the dongle per se.

However when I plug it into the router the internet light is always orange. I plugged my laptop via an ethernet cable into the router and used my mobile phone's hot spot to get internet access so I could go through the TP-Link set-up procedure. When I get to the final  "test connection" step, it always fails to get internet access.

I suspect I have some TP-link settings wrong, but when I go to the internet for Airtel's APN settings I find different sites saying different things, e.g., one site says the dial number is *99# while another says it is *99***1#. I've tried both, but no success.

I've tried ringing the TP-Link's technical support number 18002094168, but the call is always cut off, either before even ringing or whenever I select an option on TP-Link's IVR selection menu.

Can anyone help me get internet access?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't access internet
2019-03-14 07:47:02

Hello,

Please check the compatibility list regarding to the TL-MR3420. If the dongle does not exist, we cannot ensure that it will work with the router.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/3g-comp-list.html?model=TL-MR3420

While cause you bought it already, you can create the profile manually to give it a go.

1. Contact sim card carrier to get the APN related information.

2. Then log into the web interface of the MR3420.

3. Go to advanced-network-internet- Set Dial Number, APN, Username and Password manually.

May it help.

Good day. 

Options