Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
77 Reply
Re:Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting
2020-07-27 09:46:00

@destriaero I have been having the same issue. After boasting to friends that I had finally sorted out my internet issues we now have problems on one laptop and the TV. They are our older devices but have been fine until recently. Now the TV is constantly buffering or dropping off and the lap top is disconnecting or connecting without internet. I'm hoping TP-link will release an update to sort this soon or I'm going to have to start shopping for another system! I rely on high speed internet for work on teh laptop and the TV is a pain. We have a ChromeCast at teh back of the TV that streams perfectly so I can't understand why teh TV is now struggling!! I am going to contact Tp-Link as someone else hs suggested.

Options
2020-08-04 22:46:06

Hello, I buyed 3 M5 from Amazon a month ago. I'm from Argentina so I can't refund them.

At start the setup was great. I've a large house and only 1 floor. 3 M5 and my main desktop PC via Lan directly to the modem. First I thought the problem was modem, until I tested everything... it's not the modem. The problem is the main Deco system. Our devices are randomly disconnecting every 30 mins. I think its a software problem based on the latest patchs, because it worked perfectly the first days. I've tons of video meetings (homeoffice) and the disconnects are annoying.

Can someone from TP-Link help all the users suffering the same problem??

Options
Re:Deco E4R after latest firmware update disconnect devices automatically and they do not reconnect back
2020-08-11 16:15:59 - last edited 2020-08-11 16:18:52

@Kevin_Z 

I have a set up of E4R decos. Since I couldn't find any other discussion related on this issue, I decided to post here my question. A week ago, TP Link announced new firmware for my devices. I Procceeded with the update. Everything worked fine but today I saw that plenty of our devices were disconnected from the deco and when we go at settings > wifi > [network name] says there is no internet. To be more specific, if i click on. the info icon the IP address of the device is 169.x.x.x. This means that the deco doesn't give correct IP address to this specific device, so the device can't communicate with the network itseld. After I tried to reboot the devices, deco devices according to manual steps, still the device can't connect on the network. Moreover, on the app even if I am refreshing the list with the connected devices, I can see devices which arent connected on the network. Basicly, now they are located in another home. So, I am locating a problem. between tp link cloud and E4R devices after this update. 

Options
Re:Deco E4R after latest firmware update disconnect devices automatically and they do not reconnect back
2020-08-12 08:53:59

@iscarly 

Hello, sorry to hear that.

So may I know how many Deco E4R do you have in total and how are they connected to the network, in other words, what is the detailed network layout?

From what you have described, it seems that the Deco E4R may get disconnected from the internet in your home, can you please confirm if they show offline on your Deco app? If the reboot doesn't help either, we may assume the internet in your home was down and you need to confirm that.

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-12 10:27:13

@TP-Link_Deco 

In the network we have 2 decos on two separate floors the one above the other. According to my ISP logs the internet wasn't down during the period that we are experiencing this problem. 

Today TP Link released new firmware so we may test it again and we will see the results. I aive to mention that the tp link cloud again isn't synchronized correctly. It keeps devices that are disconnected from the network. It shows them as they are connected and with an IP Address. Very weird!

When I logged in at 192.168.68.1 on "clients tab, there is message that says "no entries at this table" selected "all decos" on menu. This indicates that there is a synchronization problem between the devices and the tp link cloud if I am not mistaken. Can you verify that ?

Options
2020-08-13 16:51:48

@Dho123 New firmware version is now available for TPLink Deco M5, Maybe this issue is resolved now.

Check for the update in APP: 1.4.7 Build 20200725 Rel. 63377

Options
2020-08-13 19:51:20

@Dho123 This update isn't available for me on the v3 hardware Deco M5, also it is not listed on the Deco support firmware page.

@Kevin_Z is this update going to be available for everyone

Options
2020-08-14 12:26:43

@BenGinders 

Yes, the new firmware is on a rolling basis and you will be pushed later if you cannot detect it now. Kindly wait for it.

Good day.

Options
2020-08-14 16:38:53

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi @Kevin_Z will it still update on the debug firmware or will I need to rollback

Options
2020-08-14 19:57:40

@BenGinders I got it,when I was on debug  firmware.

I think you will get soon

Options
Related Articles