Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
77 Reply
Re:Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting
2021-08-02 12:07:10

@fibergirl 

Hi, I would love to provide any assistance.

Since the previous post is quite long, would you mind starting a new thread about your issue with more details?

By the way, could you please send me a message about your TP-Link ID and the MAC address of your main Deco?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-02 16:50:04
I just replaced the unit with a different one with out the firmware upgrade and it works great. Hopefully your next update will fix that units issues.
Options
2021-09-01 18:45:45

@TP-Link hello.

I'm using the M5 3 months now without any issues at all! I have 2 units and everything works fine.

Since yesterday I started to have some strange issues.... Some things in the network seems to cause my decos to crash. For example, I have a home automation configured using home assistant and asked it to turn my fan on, at the same moment it disconnected everything for some seconds (the main deco light went to yellow, then red then green again). Later I rebooted my notebook and the same happened.

Those are some examples which I can measure, but I saw it happening some other times as well that I don't remember doing anything obvious.

I saw that there's a new firmware that was released 3h ago, I'll try that to see if it helps in my case, but I'm really lost here because the problem started to happen suddenly and is really giving me troubles. Also note that I tried to factory reset both decos, changed the main one but the problem still persists.

Options
2021-09-01 20:24:14
Btw, I'm having the problem today all day, almost every 30-45 minutes I can't find anything at the logs because since the system "crashed" the logs start after the reboot
Options
2021-09-01 22:37:07
Just had another crash _exactly_ at the same time that I disconnected my notebook from the wifi. Both decos crashed, red light appeared and everything went back to normal after they restarted. This is starting to get me crazy, and I'm very unsatisfied with something that I spent a good amount of money because I just wanted something "that works"
Options
2021-09-02 01:21:37

@bellini 

HI, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers directly.

Could you please help me check the following details:

1. Is the home assistant installed on the same notebook?

2. Could you please refer to this link and help me check the system and driver info of the notebook?

3. Without the notebook connected to Deco, would the Deco still suddenly restart?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-09-02 02:36:19

@TP-Link hello,

1. Is the home assistant installed on the same notebook?

No, home assistant is installed at another computer. The one that gave the error is my personal one that I use for work.

2. Could you please refer to this link and help me check the system and driver info of the notebook?

I run Linux on all my systems here so drivers won't be the same as the ones from windows. This is the wireless device from that notebook:

00:14.3 Network controller: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH CNVi WiFi (rev 10)

That device's driver is directly supported by the linux kernel, which in my case is running the version 5.10.0 from the Debian Testing branch.

3. Without the notebook connected to Deco, would the Deco still suddenly restart?

Its hard to tell. Since my last message I had no crashes/reboots in 4h and that notebook is still connected to the wifi. Other time that the crash happened was when I turned a smart light "on" from my home assistant app at my android phone, and today I had at least 5 crashes while not doing anything "strange". The fact that the wifi turn off crashed it too was a coincidence and an something extra, but totally not the only thing that triggers it.

Also, I installed the new firmware you guys posted today (the 1.6.0) hoping that it would fix this issue but it didn't. In fact, that last crash after turning my computer's wifi off was after the firmware update. And no, I cannot reproduce the issue all the time, but I had it happened twice now (one yesterday and one today).

Options
Related Articles