TP-Link Archer VR600 Failover

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-22 13:15:32
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi! 

I have a main vDSL line and a backup cable modem. I was wondering, does the VR600 suppor failover in case my main line goes down? 

I was trying out the emulator but I am unsure if it is possible to set the cable as a failover or backup line. 

Thanks,

Options
5 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer VR600 Failover
2019-03-25 08:06:36

Hi,

The Archer VR600 supports 3/4G modem backup in DSL modem router mode. You can refer to page 17.

https://static.tp-link.com/1910012217_Archer%20VR600(b)(EU)(AU)_V2_UG.pdf

While it does not support backup via cable modem.

May it help.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:TP-Link Archer VR600 Failover
2019-04-22 09:47:07

How can I ask for a feature request? I've bought this in the hopes that the WAN/LAN port can be used as a failover. Its frustrating that you have this extra port but is not capable of connecting. 

It would have been nice to have an option to add another WAN connection for Port 4 and have the options for Static/Dynamic other than these options. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:TP-Link Archer VR600 Failover
2019-04-23 01:16:10

Hi,

The Archer VR600 supports wireless router mode, that is why there is a LAN4/WAN port. 

And the wired device still can be plugged into the LAN4/WAN port when Archer VR600 works as a DSL modem router. 

For the DSL modulation type, it is regarding to the DSL line, whether it is a VDSL or ADSL. For the static/Dynamic Option, please click internet connection type and then you can see them. 

May it help. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:TP-Link Archer VR600 Failover
2019-04-23 08:48:13
Yes, I know that it supports "Wireless Router Mode" what I was saying was I would want to submit a feature request on the next firmware update to have the WAN port to be a failover for the DSL connection (or vice versa). My rationale is I have a VDSL connection and a cable internet connection. If the VDSL fails, I would want the cable to kick in as a failover.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:TP-Link Archer VR600 Failover
2019-04-24 05:59:52

Hi,

Cause the WAN port is for regular wifi router, while the VR600 is a DSL modem router by default, the 2 operation modes cannot exist at the same time. 

Per I said the VR600 supports 3/4G backup function. 

And we will still forward your suggestion to our R&D colleagues and they will work on it and evaluate the feasibility. 

Good day. 

Options