Smart Plugs via WiFi extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-01 14:46:25 - last edited 2019-04-01 14:58:18
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have 9 smart plugs. 6 are on the main home WiFi network and 3 are connected via a WiFi extender (in the garage).

Normally I can see and operate all 9 via Kasa on my iPhone when it is connected to the home network.

When I go away from my home network and log on to Kasa I can only see the first 6 smart plugs. The 3 garage (WiFi extended) ones are not available.

These worked fine a few weeks ago before I added numbers 8 and 9 (HS100 v2.1) and a couple of kasa updates! Any ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart Plugs via WiFi extender
2019-04-02 11:39:10

Hi,

Do you use the same network name for the main router and extender? 

It is suggested to bring one of the 3 plugs next to the main router to do a comparison test.

Besides, may I know the mac address of these 3 plugs and your cloud account?

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Smart Plugs via WiFi extender
2019-04-10 07:37:49

Rebooted WiFi extender and have not had any problems with it since.

The two new smart plugs (HS100 v2.1 firmware 1.5.8) are now dropping off (going red) the network every few days. I have moved then around the house ( next to the router with full signal and away from the router with 1/2 signal). Strange it is always the same two regardless og where they are in the house.

Tried deleting them and reconnecting. Swapped them with an old version1.0 which has been stable for months. and they still drop out. Any ideas?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Smart Plugs via WiFi extender
2019-04-10 08:55:47

Hi,

That is weird, only specific devices drop connection. While our engineer has contacted you via email, if you are willing to do further analysis, please notice your inbox.

Good day. 

MikeyT wrote

Rebooted WiFi extender and have not had any problems with it since.

The two new smart plugs (HS100 v2.1 firmware 1.5.8) are now dropping off (going red) the network every few days. I have moved then around the house ( next to the router with full signal and away from the router with 1/2 signal). Strange it is always the same two regardless og where they are in the house.

Tried deleting them and reconnecting. Swapped them with an old version1.0 which has been stable for months. and they still drop out. Any ideas?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 806

Replies: 3

Related Articles