New feature request

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New feature request

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New feature request
New feature request
2019-04-04 01:47:07
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Please add a simple reset option for the smart plug (like a quick turning OFF and ON the smart plug) . This can be very very useful when I need to reset a network device (like wifi router or cablebox) connected to the smart plug, since if I turn OFF the network device from the app, I lose the connection to the smart plug.

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:New feature request
2019-04-04 02:17:47

Hi,

For your information, there is a settings button on the smart plug itself can be used to reset the device. You may refer to the user manual to get the exact instruction. 

Meanwhile,  you customers can delete the device on the kasa app to reset it. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Elettron wrote

Hi,

Please add a simple reset option for the smart plug (like a quick turning OFF and ON the smart plug) . This can be very very useful when I need to reset a network device (like wifi router or cablebox) connected to the smart plug, since if I turn OFF the network device from the app, I lose the connection to the smart plug.

Thanks!

Options
Re:Re:New feature request
2019-04-04 19:47:50

I didn't mean to fully reset the device, but just a feature that quickly turns OFF and ON the smartplug. This can be useful to reset network devices like wifi routers connected to the smart plug.

Options
Re:Re:Re:New feature request
2019-04-05 19:17:13

Elettron wrote

I didn't mean to fully reset the device, but just a feature that quickly turns OFF and ON the smartplug. This can be useful to reset network devices like wifi routers connected to the smart plug.

The kasa app is used to turn on/off the smart plug. On the devices page, there is a power green icon, you can press it to turn it on or off. 

BTW, it cannot reset the device plugged, instead, it can turn it off by turn off the smart plug first. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 667

Replies: 3

Related Articles