Archer VR600 V2: How to Configure w/o Dialer?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-05 11:23:21
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0074.0 Build 170504 Rel.68210n

Hi.

I was told by my ISP that I can possibly connect to their service directly without the use of a dialer and doing so will decrese my latency.

I was also told by them that it's apparently not ennough to set the connection type (under internet connection setup) to dynamic. I was with the ISP's support on the phone, we tried, they changed some settings in their end but it didn't work.

What am I missing?

Do I need to download other firmware?

How di I make it work?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer VR600 V2: How to Configure w/o Dialer?
2019-04-10 10:20:20

Hi,

There are some connection type supported by VR600, like PPPoE, dynamic IP.

What do you mean it is not enough  to setup the connection type as dynamic IP? Is there any other settings need to be done? 

What kind of troubleshooting you have done with ISP? 

Besides, what is the current firmware? 

Good day. 

TheHungeryOne wrote

Hi.

I was told by my ISP that I can possibly connect to their service directly without the use of a dialer and doing so will decrese my latency.

I was also told by them that it's apparently not ennough to set the connection type (under internet connection setup) to dynamic. I was with the ISP's support on the phone, we tried, they changed some settings in their end but it didn't work.

What am I missing?

Do I need to download other firmware?

How di I make it work?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options