Smartplug HS110 does not go into reset mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-09 09:10:34 - last edited 2019-04-10 12:40:39
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I already own HS100 (US) for almost a year. I purchased two additional smartplugs HS110 (UK) through my friend in Dubai and hand delivered to me. I got them delivered in office and both of them connected fine. For actual use, I took them home. Out of two, one doesn't come into pairing mode by pressing reset button for 5 seconds or more. It blinks green and after a while it turns red. This plug connects fine when I take it back to office. So I guess reset button is not getting registered. Since sending it back to Dubai will cost more than cost of the plug itself, do you recommend I pry it open and check if reset button connections are loose? smiley

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Smartplug HS110 does not go into reset mode-Solution
2019-04-10 07:59:04 - last edited 2019-04-10 12:40:39

Hi,

To reset the HS110, with it powered on, hold the settings button for 10s to reset it.

Besides, per you said, the HS110 works fince when you  take it back to office, you can reset by delete it on the kasa app.

Meanwhile, you can change different wall sockets to plug it and reset. 

May it help, and have a nice day. 

KobyMiles wrote

I already own HS100 (US) for almost a year. I purchased two additional smartplugs HS110 (UK) through my friend in Dubai and hand delivered to me. I got them delivered in office and both of them connected fine. For actual use, I took them home. Out of two, one doesn't come into pairing mode by pressing reset button for 5 seconds or more. It blinks green and after a while it turns red. This plug connects fine when I take it back to office. So I guess reset button is not getting registered. Since sending it back to Dubai will cost more than cost of the plug itself, do you recommend I pry it open and check if reset button connections are loose? smiley

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Smartplug HS110 does not go into reset mode-Solution
2019-04-10 07:59:04 - last edited 2019-04-10 12:40:39

Hi,

To reset the HS110, with it powered on, hold the settings button for 10s to reset it.

Besides, per you said, the HS110 works fince when you  take it back to office, you can reset by delete it on the kasa app.

Meanwhile, you can change different wall sockets to plug it and reset. 

May it help, and have a nice day. 

KobyMiles wrote

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Smartplug HS110 does not go into reset mode
2019-04-10 10:56:32 - last edited 2019-04-10 10:56:48

Thanks Kevin_Z. Yes deleting plug from app brought it into pairing mode. So far so good. Now I am feeling like removing reset buttons from my other plugs as well. If my plug gets stolen, theif will not be able to use it.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Smartplug HS110 does not go into reset mode
2019-04-10 12:39:59

Hi,

Great to know that.

After you reset the smart plug, you are able to configure it with kasa app; Then it will work properly.

If need any further help, do not hesitate to contact us.

Good day. 

KobyMiles wrote

Thanks Kevin_Z. Yes deleting plug from app brought it into pairing mode. So far so good. Now I am feeling like removing reset buttons from my other plugs as well. If my plug gets stolen, theif will not be able to use it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1293

Replies: 3

Related Articles